Senior Systems Engineer, Studio Infrastructure
Los Angeles, CA
Netflix is building in-house Post Production Facilities and Services in order to support the ever growing volume of Original Content we are producing. The Studio is focused on delivering the very best levels of service and creative experience to our filmmakers and creative executives. Our Post Production Facilities and Services team is charged with the Operational Management of these services and spaces, and will be recruiting a team of talented and dedicated individuals to ensure success.
We are building Animation Studios in Burbank and Hollywood for our Original and Adult Animation production, and we are providing in-house facilities for Off-line Editing, Dialogue Recording, Dialogue Editing, Music Editing, and talent facing client concierge services. We are looking for an experienced Post Producer with a comprehensive knowledge of Animation, Features, and Episodic Post Production workflows and Filmmaker crews to join our Client Services team.
The candidate will support the day to day needs of our Filmmakers and Post Production Executives utilizing our in house Post Services, ensuring all their requirements are met and delivered on schedule and on budget. The candidate will help define the requirements for the operational structure and service standards for efficient daily operation of our sound and offline editorial services for our filmmakers. Partnering closely with our Operational and Workplace teams on site, the candidate will set a high bar for hospitality and talent management, creating a focused and high performing model. In addition, the ideal candidate will have a proven track record of engaging with content creators and post production management, as well as socializing and helping to teach and implement transformational entertainment industry workflows.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Efficiency and mindfulness when scheduling bays, suites and services on premises at each facility / space.
• Provide support to our technical Post Services team of Mixers, Editors and Technicians to ensure our suites are well prepared for creative sessions
• Be a super user and internal champion of the Facility Management platform, ensuring all bookings, production data and utilization tracking and reporting is up to date and correct.
• Work closely with the Client Services Manager to develop a high performing client service culture within the Client Services Team, liaising closely with our Creative, Production and Post executives to deliver an optimum experience for all our Filmmakers at each campus.
• Partner and plan with cross functional partners to ensure creative technical needs are always met and exceeded with minimal disruption
• Provide workflow expertise, knowledge and guidance to our filmmakers, content partners and creative artists using our specialist rooms.
• 10+years of experience in facility producing, and/or client service roles within post production, studio or network
• Experience with and ability to respectfully, but authoritatively, engage with creative executives and content creators
• Ability to manage and operate in ambiguous situations and think on your feet to solve challenges and problems
• Strong communication skills with proven ability to socialize, explain and promote new and complex technology, tools and workflows
• Extensive knowledge of content creation and post production workflows
• Proven track record of innovation, initiative, ideation and implementation
• Proven abilities to embrace, drive and enable change management
• Experience with instituting quality management frameworks and process improvement
• Experience working with diverse teams across multiple functions, skills and locations
• Strong organizational skills with proactive mindset, positive orientation and outlook
• Ability to respond after hours for important, timely, or urgent matters
• Team-player who thrives in a fast paced, team-oriented setting
• Ability to prioritize and balance the supervision of several projects in various points of production from development through delivery.
• Passionate about our culture and values in the workplace