Content Localization Project Manager
The Asset Management team is essential to providing our members with a great experience every time they play our content by ensuring the content delivered to the service is of the highest quality. As we continue to expand globally, our role is to maintain and elevate the high-quality standards for our customers by focusing on scalable workflows for creation, preservation and presentation at quality.
This Asset Specialist will act as a subject matter expert for both internal and external partners who are creating and delivering content. You will build scalable optimized workflows based on the analysis of key metrics and data driving issue prevention and training strategies for the internal delivery and QC ecosystem.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for technical and operational problem solving, deep knowledge of the post industry, and demonstrate a high level of intellectual curiosity.
Responsibilities of the role include:
• Collaboratively evaluate partners and collect key information on a variety of areas including technical infrastructure, Post Production workflows and mastery of the Netflix deliverables and Quality Control standards.
• Analyze partner delivery data to drive training and support initiatives improving key partner performance metrics.
• Provide solutions for metrics-driven analysis of partners' performance to internal teams.
Training and Onboarding:
• Build strong relationships with Post Production Partners you support, and act as a key technical and operations contact for the Netflix internal delivery and Quality Control ecosystem.
• Onboard and train partners on internal applications and workflows including Original Capture File Delivery (OCF Import), and internal delivery tools (Backlot/Content Hub/ Amazon Snowball), access management (Starship), QC and evaluation (Asset QC), and external delivery solutions (Drives/LTO).
• Coach partners into a model of efficient and error-free delivery.
• Participate in industry events, advocating for Netflix workflows and standards, including programming technical seminars and presentations for the optimization of QC and delivery.
• Educate internal teams on technical specifications and workflows.
• Develop content for public-facing support in an effort to allow partners to self diagnose and repair problematic assets.
Advise, Strategize, Collaborate:
• Provide expertise and critical insight for the continued evolution and development of the internal Post Production supply chain, and its respective tools, partnering with internal teams to feedback user issues and needed enhancements to minimize support issues, and pinpoint automated workflow efficiencies.
• Analyze partner delivery data, with a focus on root-cause analysis, to drive an issue prevention strategy that minimizes support requests relating to the internal delivery ecosystem and specifications.
• Be an escalation point for troubleshooting technical issues related to asset delivery into our Post, IMF mastering, and QC raised by our partners.
• Work with external partners to ensure the flow of media assets through the Netflix delivery ecosystem is efficient, secure and optimized, with a key focus on developing and executing best practices between tools.
• Partner with internal and external Post Production teams to create and execute an efficient Quality Control plan and help evaluate received reports and guide on the implementation of fixes.
• Build and leverage strong relationships with the global Netflix Post Production teams and external facility vendor managers.
• Collaborate with internal cross-functional teams on improvement initiatives to streamline our processes.
• 10 years prior experience in a technical/workflow support, DI mastering, Data IO, or QC role for a Production facility, Broadcaster or Post Production facility. Relevant roles may include: Editor or Assistant Editor, Media Archival Specialist or Manager, Video or Audio Mastering Engineer, Colorist or Colorist Assistant, Quality Control Engineer or Manager, Sound Editor or Mixer, Mastering / DI Specialist
• Knowledge of digital audio and video file formats, preferably experience with IMF, Dolby Atmos, and Dolby Vision workflows.
• Familiarity with production and post software such as Shotgun, Pix, Blackmagic Resolve, Baselight, Avid Media Composer, Adobe Premiere, Clipster, Colorfront Transkoder, Pro Tools or MTI Cortex.
• Familiarity with audio, video and data communications protocols as standardized by IETF, SMPTE, ITU and AES
• Highly organized, efficient, and detail-oriented.
• Working knowledge of the local and regional Post Production industry.
• Have a data-driven mindset and know how to analyze and utilize data.
• Strives in a fast paced, adaptable and ever changing environment.
• Prior experience coaching, mentoring, and teaching people how to utilize industry specific tools and software.
• Has a passion for technical quality and the ability to contextually identify technical errors within a given image or piece of audio.
• Ability to learn new technical workflows, standards, and tools quickly and easily.
• Passionate about our culture and values in the workplace.
• Must be fluent in verbal and written communication skills in both English and Japanese, including the ability to cultivate internal and external relationships.