Post Production Manager - Original Independent Film
Los Angeles, CA
Netflix is the leading provider of streaming video, much of it original content: features, shorts, series, animation, comedy specials and nonfiction content.
The Media Systems Infrastructure team ideates, designs, scales, builds, and operates infrastructure on behalf and in support of our production and post production teams, ensuring solutions are scalable, innovative and long standing.
Our engineers are subject matter experts who offer varied yet overlapping backgrounds in motion picture production, post-production and distribution - video, audio, production, post, editorial, VFX, and the list goes on. Every day, we collaborate with internal and external partners working on our Netflix Original programming.
As we scale to support the needs of diverse creative partners while continuing to foster industry-wide change, the Media Systems Infrastructure team is building state-of-the-art technical facilities to support both internal workflows and content production. We are looking for a subject matter expert in acoustics, creative sound post production, and exhibition environments to help shape and execute a global and ambitious vision that advances the quality of the artist experience and its output. This is an opportunity to improve, evolve, or even reinvent, how creative and exhibition environments are designed, equipped and operated.
- Partner with the Media Systems Infrastructure team and umbrella Open Connect organizations to understand and align the global vision for our facilities and our customers
- Assist in the design of creative facilities for all Netflix offices production spaces worldwide, creating world-class, reference sound spaces
- Design and support the maintenance and calibration program for these facilities
- Engage and manage internal and external parties (integrators, contractors) through all phases of these projects from design, to construction and commissioning
- Research and evaluate new professional, commercial and consumer speaker technology and related systems for production and exhibition
- Engage with solutions manufacturers to advise on feature requirements and new product design
- Stay current on emerging sound technology and standards, and educate internal teams on their development and opportunities
- Maintain close ties with other internal groups dealing with sound and consumer devices, and participate in advancing their strategic goals
6+ years of experience in audio visual exhibition and post production technology, interacting with creatives, manufacturers and operators, managing maintenance and upgrades
- Understanding of all forms of professional audio formats, technology, best practices, maintenance
- Knowledge of sound industry standards and acoustic science
- Experience with integration and operation of post-production tools and infrastructure, as well as consumer devices
- Relationships with exhibition technology solutions, manufacturers, integration and service vendors
- Knowledge of audio and video routing technologies, such as SDI, AES, Dante, Midi, Madi, etc
- Knowledge of A/V distribution formats and consumer technology
- Knowledge of room automation programming (such as Crestron) a big plus
- The communication skills to clearly articulate and document technical processes
- Bedside manners when talking to stakeholders, clients, and partners
- A passion for sound and the moving image
You have a deep understanding of professional production and exhibition technology and best practices that cultivate quality, security, and efficiency of content presentation. You care deeply about creating an environment and infrastructure that supports and inspires talent to do their best work. You can work with creatives and engineers alike, fine-tuning workspaces and infrastructure to meet and exceed expectations. You have the ability to easily communicate the technical aspects of a system to creatives, executives, and other end users, in a clear, relatable fashion. You have an understanding of Netflix Culture, and have a desire to thrive in this environment.