Netflix is building a new internal game studio to incubate and build a new class of hilarious, social party video games.
This Senior Games Engineer will work with the Lead Engineer and a cross-discipline core team to rapidly prototype and iterate towards a new game vision, building confidence on a great game prototype to eventually bring to full production and available to Netflix members. The role is envisioned as one that will start as a core contributor for a small team to enable rapid prototyping, which is hoped to eventually graduate to a full product team as the game vision matures.
The ideal candidate should have game prototyping experience, and have product and design sensibilities, while being able to implement in the short term and bring industry-leading technical expertise as the product matures, looking forward to larger engineering, architecture and technology selection.
You'll be joining a small, scrappy team with big ambitions, and an obsession to create memorable game moments that leave players telling their own stories for years to come. We're looking for new teammates who care deeply about the experiences they create and the people they make them with. Those who bias towards action and are energized by the learning that comes with bold experimentation at an agile pace. As a part of Netflix, we strive to hire the best and value integrity, excellence, respect, inclusion, and collaboration.
• Games development: Work hands-on with a small core, cross-functional team to prototype couch and multiplayer social game concepts, in a fast-paced, iterative environment that will eventually graduate to a live game. Work closely with lead engineer and designer to implement design ideas into rapid prototype implementation, with a thoughtful mix of tooling and hands-on direct implementation.
• 5+ years experience as an games engineer
• Exceptional communication, cross-discipline collaboration skills
• Full stack and/or game backend services expertise for games as services
• Familiarity with a variety of scaleable service technologies to springboard into evaluating and selecting the best technology and service choices for the project's needs
• Passion for making video games, especially in a rapid, focused, smaller form vs multi-year investments
• Experience building games for early or unfinished platforms and services
• Experience with rapid prototyping, with an emphasis with rapid learning
• Deep experience in games with design sensibilities
• Experience with real-time networking and replication in addition to async request/REST based services
• Familiarity with multiple game engine technologies such as Unity3D and UnrealEngine
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g32qk5-44-200-30-73-42 in your application.