We're a group of developers, artists, and storytellers that make games full of wonder, danger, and humor. Everyone at our studio, whether an industry vet or new voice impacts each game through collaborative feedback, mutual respect, and creative empowerment. If you want to make games that leave a meaningful impact on players: we want to hear from you.
We're looking for new teammates who deeply care about the work they do, the stories they tell, and the people they create with. As part of the Netflix team, we strive to hire the best and value integrity, excellence, respect, inclusion, and collaboration.
Learn how our story-loving game people came to join Netflix's team of game-loving story people.
EDITORIAL AT NIGHT SCHOOL – Editorial watches over the holistic experience of the games we develop to ensure the rich tapestry being woven together by every discipline delivers seamless, exciting, unforgettably resonant games for our players. Our department is always looking through the lens of the player to shape our games into clear, consistent, compelling experiences that build upon Night School's unique voice and intriguing worlds.
We help every discipline move smoothly through the game development process by providing quick feedback loops with reasoned suggestions for improvements, from the high level to the detail level, and always with an eye on delivering the highest quality experiences to our players.
ABOUT THE JOB:
You'll hit the ground running, working with a team that's mid-flight in production on our next game! You'll work with Writing to ensure character voice consistency across multiple writers and help orchestrate elegant thematic tension across the game's full arc. You will playtest and provide feedback on evolving builds to maximize player experience as Design dreams up levels to explore the unique rules of our very fun world. You'll be the source of truth in regards to the rules of the world, characterization and reinforcement of player verbs, which all disciplines can count on to make informed, connective creative calls to breathe life into the characters and atmospheres.
• Advocate for compelling moment-to-moment player experience through every stage of development, across all disciplines.
• Elevate elegant creative execution by bringing additive, experience plussing ideas to the table.
• Vet, define, align on and communicate the game's high level goals, structure & experience through thoughtful exploration of: themes, characters, world, outlines, etc. Own and maintain the evolution and communication of these resources for the team.
• Provide thorough, thoughtful and timely reviews of all drafts and builds at the detail level, providing feedback & suggestions around: clarity, consistency, thematic reinforcement, character voice, pacing, etc, to bring all content to shippable quality.
• Keep your teammates informed, aligned and inspired by owning documentation, communication and vision that your team can trust as the source of truth.
• Keep a close eye on the holistic player journey through the game and ensure it's unfolding feels intuitive, clear, well-paced, fun and delivers experientially upon the themes of the game. Find the most satisfying way for players to interact with the world.
Skills & Requirements:
• 5+ years of editing or writing experience.
• 4+ years of experience editing or writing for video games or other interactive media.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong presentation skills.
• First and foremost, you are a passionate advocate for the player's experience. Your sharp instincts and eye for what makes for moment-to-moment compelling experiences help shape the team's creative decisions and execution toward maximizing the player's fun and memorable connection with our games.
• You love helping your stellar teammates reach their creative best! You can identify strengths and areas for improvement in your teammates' work and offer clear, constructive, experientially additive suggestions to guide them forward cohesively to achieve creative excellence.
• You have a head for big picture vision and goals, yet keep a sharp eye on the details. You know how to reinforce one with the other in surprising ways.
• You can articulate why something isn't working and why something is, and come to the table with suggestions for improvement.
• You can adapt to other creatives' voices, styles, match tone and elevate material accordingly and cohesively to the project.
• You want to make unforgettable, unique games and push yourself creatively to new heights.
Required Application Materials:
• Portfolio (preferable)
At Netflix, we carefully consider a wide range of compensation factors to determine your personaltop of market. We rely on market indicators to determine compensation and consider your specific job, skills, and experience to get it right. These considerations can cause your compensation to vary and will also be dependent on your location.
The overall market range for roles in this area of Netflix is typically $50,000 - $250,000.
This market range is based on total compensation (vs. only base salary), which is in line with our compensation philosophy. Netflix is a unique culture and environment. Learn more here.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d83k6x-34-239-173-144-42 in your application.