We measure; we're not just counting things!
Metrics are challenging. At Netflix, we are focused on building out our assurance and metrics program. A program that uses measurements and metrics to inform our security, technology, and business investments. This role sits at the intersection of information security, technology, and business. In this role, you will inform, implement and work with business partners to ensure metrics demonstrate the effectiveness of our investments. In addition, we look to your experiences to help shape and implement metrics that will establish measurement targets for information security organization and the business.
We are looking for a future colleague to join us in defining how business objectives are measured and partnering with the company to implement these measurements. A colleague whose curiosity leads them to ask, is this the right business objective to measure? What pitfalls are we running into with our assurance and metrics program? Or are we forcing data to fit a narrative? If you are intrigued by these questions and where they may take you, please apply to the role.
To be successful In this role, we look to you to...
• demonstrate impact through influencing stakeholders
• develop visuals, such as charts, graphs, and other mediums to communicate assurance in our investments (i.e., Tableau dashboards)
• use data to create metrics (i.e., query datastores via SQL)
• be comfortable with query languages or have the ability to sift thru data to find the signal in the noise
• develop guiding principles around security metrics, measurements, and their impact on the business
• communicate effectively and clearly, to support/influence data-driven decision making
• be curious in determining if we are measuring the right things and asking the right questions
• provide insight into how we can use metrics to improve our planning
• identify gaps in our current measurement processes and define processes to help close gaps
• work closely with data experts to discover, define, and establish metrics and insights that drive value-adding outcomes to the business
You are excited about this opportunity because…
• You are passionate about metrics and measurements
• You understand how metrics and measurements can drive business decisions
• You want to use data and information to generate insights about the business
• You look to find ways to share and communicate the value of metrics and measurements
• You are excited about integrating metrics and measurement across GRC and Assurance
Netflix's culture allows the security team to approach security differently. Our security approach is shaped around the principles of ''Freedom and Responsibility'' and ''Context not Control.'' Employees have tremendous freedom in their work, along with the corresponding responsibility and the accountability to do the right thing for Netflix. Read more about the Netflix culture here.
We are an equal opportunity employer and celebrate diversity, recognizing that diversity of thought and background builds stronger teams. We approach diversity and inclusion seriously and thoughtfully. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rnx3ok-52-205-167-104-42 in your application.