Legal Coordinator, Content Acquisition
SEA Counsel ( Bahasa Indonesia Speaking)
Netflix is the world's leading internet entertainment service with over 200 million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages - it's an exciting time to work at Netflix!
Netflix is growing its presence in Asia and, as part of the Singapore team, you will help define the Netflix brand and shape the future of entertainment throughout Asia.
We are looking for a talented and experienced legal counsel to join our Legal team based in Singapore, to partner with Netflix's Southeast Asia (SEA) Partnerships team and support the growth of the business. The role will be primarily focused on commercial transactional work and supporting advisory, regulatory and contentious matters in SEA markets.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
• Partnering with the SEA Partnerships team to support the growth and expansion of Netflix across SEA markets by negotiating, reviewing and drafting various partnership and commercial agreements.
• In collaboration with Netflix's Regulatory and Public Policy teams, managing regulatory inquiries and conducting a legal risk assessment of any regulatory developments in SEA, with a particular focus on Indonesia.
• Advising the business and other internal stakeholders on the impact, risks and mitigation strategies relating to regulatory and legal changes.
• Managing ad hoc projects and providing general legal support for corporate and commercial matters in SEA.
• A qualified lawyer with at least 8 years of either in-house or private practice experience working on commercial and regulatory matters. Experience in litigation and conducting or managing contentious matters and legal investigations would be an advantage.
• Ability to speak and write in English and Bahasa Indonesia fluently due to market coverage.
• Strong industry knowledge with an understanding and interest in the internet, telecom media and entertainment industries and how they intersect with laws and regulations in SEA, with particular focus on Indonesia and Vietnam.
• Demonstrated and thoughtful business judgment, strong research and analytical skills, and ability to work well under pressure.
• Excellent cross-functional collaborator and an ability to cover a broad range of issues and being capable of navigating a complex organization with diverse goals across multiple countries and functions.
• Be self-motivated, disciplined, highly organized, and able to prioritize multiple tasks.
• Ability to drive alignment and momentum with a reputation for cultivating positive relationships with external and internal partners and cross functional teams.
This is an opportunity to be part of an established and fast-growing tech and media company that is changing the future of entertainment in Asia and around the world. The Legal team at Netflix is focused on collaborating with our business partners to innovate and find effective, efficient solutions. The ideal candidate will be intellectually curious, demonstrate great initiative, an effective cross-cultural communicator, and will welcome the opportunity to be part of a fast-paced, entrepreneurial organization. She or he will also be excited and inspired by the Netflix culture.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gm5y5x-34-236-187-155-42 in your application.