The Specialist, US Series Publicity, will play a key role in supporting select titles within the series publicity team. Our ideal candidate will be self-motivated, proactive, quick-thinking, flexible, able to pivot when necessary and juggle multiple and diverse responsibilities with a strong emphasis on organization. We are looking for someone who's collaborative, with a positive attitude, is able to exercise good judgment, takes the initiative, and demonstrates strong communication skills.
The job is based in either LA or NY and reports to the Director, Series Publicity, based in our Los Angeles office.
Tasks are varied, extensive, and timely. The specialist will support the team with press pitching, media relations, and communicating with talent and showrunners, as well as daily logistical functions, including upkeep of team documents, the booking of travel and glam, generating of talent schedules, day-to-day budget maintenance, etc.
Specific tasks will include but are not limited to:
• Work collaboratively as a partner with other members of the team on series titles, actively contributing to and upkeeping strategies, status reports, and timelines.
• Pitch select media, developing relationships with press and influencers on behalf of Netflix and their titles.
• Communicate with select above-the-line and below-the-line talent, work with reps, manage expectations and keep them informed during the campaign.
• Contribute regularly to talent travel booking needs, glam needs, and talent itineraries.
• Support press needs with asset and publicity materials, assisting with interview schedules.
• Support junket, premiere and press day activities, day-of logistics, showrunner, and talent handling, and press-facing duties.
• Track and update information related to our series in a timely way, including news or casting announcements, timelines, press coverage, press notes, talent updates, showrunner recaps, and campaign presentations.
• Contribute to Award strategies, campaigning, and submissions, as well as working closely with other cross-functional teams such as Awards, Content, Social, Marketing, Comms, and Regional PR.
• Day-to-day maintenance of title budgets, tracking and submitting payments.
• Update and maintain various memos, lists, and documents.
• 5+ years of entertainment experience in publicity in a studio, network, agency, or production company.
• Passionate about entertainment and a fan of films and television series.
• Experience handling a high volume of complex projects and tasks for multiple people/departments/teams while simultaneously managing competing priorities.
• They will be a clear and concise communicator in a variety of media.
• Must possess solid organizational skills and be able to manage time effectively.
• Scrappy, resourceful, and relentless in trying to find a solution and make wise decisions, even when faced with ambiguity.
• Ability to pivot and adapt to shifting priorities without missing a beat.
• Curious and eager to learn. Not timid to take risks, make mistakes and explore what can be done differently or better the next time.
• Have a point of view, be collaborative, and offer their unique perspective and voice.
• Poised, not scared to voice complex ideas to peers & leaders, and are 'cool under fire' while managing multiple simultaneous tasks.
• Self-aware and not afraid to sunshine what they could have done better.
• Take action on constructive feedback and do not avoid giving feedback to the rest of the team.
• Look to develop their skill set and learn the fundamentals of what makes a stellar publicity campaign.
• Embody & promote our company values every day.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gxqxnz-44-192-65-228-42 in your application.