This is a great opportunity to join a team that is spearheading and handling publicity campaigns for the largest Internet TV network in the world, with a chance to work on series that feature high production value from the brightest executive producers, comedians, and actors around the world, using the latest technology.
The Specialist will play a critical role in tandem with the Kids and Family Animation Publicity team in creating cultural moments and innovative publicity campaigns that drive conversation and inspire advocacy for our films, series, talent, and the Netflix Kids and Family Brand. They will communicate with executives, cross-functional partners, filmmakers, and talent during production and beyond launch. They are skilled at securing earned media opportunities across multiple media channels including broadcast, print, online, and especially new media. The Specialist will lean into new tactics of promoting our Kids and Family animated content and will measure success by impact vs. volume. They will be able to communicate different facets of their campaigns to executives, producers, talent, and talent representatives. In addition to pitching media, the Specialist will cover press events, help plan and staff junkets, draft screener letters, help draft press strategies, participate in team brainstorms, assign screeners and help book travel for talent and filmmakers. They can formulate and manage a budget, and give visibility into their work successfully. This person will work closely with our cross-functional partners on the awards team during awards season on relevant campaigns.
The ideal candidate is willing to jump in where they are needed. They are able to make wise decisions, even when faced with ambiguity, and thinks strategically. They are eager to learn and undaunted by asking questions. They have good listening skills and are real doers, and are able to multitask and work at a fast pace with a high-volume workload. They collaborate well with partners that range from content/programming to marketing to social to product and beyond. They are curious and also contribute effectively outside of their specialty. They aren't timid about assessing their work when they are done to explore what they could have done differently or better. A good fit in the role has a candid and direct communication style. They are willing to admit to mistakes quickly and question values inconsistent with our values and Netflix culture. They understand that sometimes the job requires delivering bad news, and they're tactful in handling such issues.
This job is based in Los Angeles and reports to the Director, Kids and Family Animation Publicity.
• Actively contribute to strategies and timelines
• Work closely with filmmakers, production department leads and voice talent
• Contribute regularly to talent travel booking needs and itineraries Pitch select media, developing relationships with press and influencers on behalf of Netflix and their titles
• Support press needs with asset and publicity materials, assisting with interview schedulesUpdate and maintain various memos, lists, and documents
• Tracking and updating information related to our titles in a timely way including news announcement calendar, project calendar, timelines, press coverage, press notes, talent updates, showrunner recaps, and campaign presentations
• Support junket, premiere and press day activities, day of logistics, filmmaker and talent handling, and press-facing duties
• Day-to-day maintenance of title budgets, track and submit payments
• Work with cross-functional teams such as Content, Marketing, Awards, Comms, and Regional PR
• 3-5+ years experience at a studio, network, agency or production company
• Experience in animation and/ or Kids and Family market is ideal, but not required
• Experience handling a high volume of projects and tasks for multiple people or departments and simultaneously managing competing priorities
• Existing and maintaining relationships with key entertainment journalists and social media influencers
• Ability to identify, develop and help come up with outside-the-box creative ideas.
• Seek out opportunities that are unique and drive a conversation that serves the business and the brand
• Must possess solid organizational skills and be able to manage time effectively
• Excellent verbal and written skills.
• Ability to communicate effectively and succinctly with internal and external teams
• Be creative and have a point of view.
• Demonstrate the ability to think innovatively-connecting the dots when others cannot
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g620p0-44-197-230-180-42 in your application.