The Specialist, US Film Publicity will play a key role in supporting the feature film publicity team focused on Original Films (English Language).
Our ideal candidate will be self-motivated, proactive, quick-thinking, flexible, detail-oriented, able to pivot when necessary, and can juggle multiple and diverse responsibilities with a strong emphasis on organization. This is a demanding and fast moving position that requires someone who has a positive attitude and is able to exercise good judgment, takes initiative and demonstrates strong communication skills.
The job is based in LA and reports to the Director, Film Publicity, based in our Los Angeles office.
Tasks are varied, extensive, and timely. The specialist is responsible for the majority of the daily logistical functions of the team including upkeep of team documents, the booking of travel and glam, generating of talent schedules, day-to-day budget maintenance as well as press pitching and communicating with talent and filmmakers where needed.
Specific tasks will include but are not limited to:
• Update and maintain various lists, documents and charts on the department's google drive
• Tracking and updating information related to our films in a timely way including news announcement calendar, project calendar, timelines, press coverage, press notes, talent updates, filmmaker recaps and campaign presentations.
• Update film information across various internal databases including the Media Center
• Create and manage filmmakers and talent itineraries including travel and glam
• Support junket, festival, premiere and press day activities, day of logistics, filmmaker and talent handling and press-facing duties.
• Day-to-day maintenance of title budgets within Anaplan, track and submit payments
• Secure screening rooms and coordinate logistics including delivery of the DCP and payment.
• Strategize press pitching activity, actively pitch press for coverage and review and develop press relationships. Support press needs with asset and publicity materials, assisting with interview schedules.
• Work with cross-functional teams such as Content, Marketing, Awards, Comms, and Regional PR.
• Oversight of agency responsible for break tracking, coverage, screening assignments.
• Assigns titles on PIX & Content Preview where agency cannot and aid with troubleshooting
• The successful candidate for the Specialist, Film Publicity will have 5+ years of entertainment experience including publicity at either in a studio or agency setting.
• Passionate about entertainment and a fan of film.
• Experience handling high volume of complex projects and tasks for multiple people, departments and teams while simultaneously managing competing priorities.
• They will be a clear and concise communicator in a variety of media.
• Must possess solid organizational skills, be able to manage time effectively and be detail oriented.
• Scrappy, resourceful and relentless in trying to find a solution and make wise decisions, even when faced with ambiguity.
• Able to pivot and adapt to shifting priorities without missing a beat
• Curious and eager to learn. Not timid to take risks, make mistakes and then explore what can be done differently or better the next time.
• Have a point of view, be collaborative and offer their unique perspective and voice.
• Poised, not scared to voice complex ideas to peers & leaders and are 'cool under fire' while managing a multitude of simultaneous tasks.
• Self-aware and not afraid to sunshine what they could have done better.
• Take action on constructive feedback and do not avoid giving feedback to the rest of the team.
• Looking to develop their skill set and learn the fundamentals of what makes a stellar publicity campaign.
• Embody & promote our company values every day.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4zpyy-44-197-230-180-42 in your application.