Specialist, Post Production Technical Operations
Los Angeles, CA
The Creative Technologies team at Netflix aims to advocate for best practices and high production standards and evolve the tools and craft of motion picture production. From on-set to post production and final delivery, our team consists of experts in cameras, sound, data management, image science, editorial, color grading, VFX, virtual production, animation, and more.
As thought leaders, we engage directly with the industry to provide guidance and support or participate in open standards. We stay up-to-date with the most advanced developments in professional and consumer technology. Through direct support, we work with teams inside Netflix and working on original shows to propel the industry forward. Your part in our team will be as a Project Manager for these efforts.
We are not necessarily looking for a traditional project manager. We know from experience that the role of managing projects at this intersection of creativity and technology is often not well-defined. It's a complementary and necessary skill in roles like DI producers, assistant editors, or technicians. We are looking for someone who not only understands the studio and industry space and challenges, but also has experience taking charge and managing projects related to it who can bring our initiatives to fruition. You will be working alongside teammates with similar backgrounds who have been honing their PM skill sets, so expect lots of guidance and support.
We'd like to know how you've applied project management techniques successfully in past roles – feel free to include an extra page in your resume submission that tell us about this.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Developing and presenting comprehensive project plans evaluating scope, requirements, and level of effort using different project management approaches for creative technology initiatives – many with industry-wide ramifications.
• Leading, executing, and facilitating complex projects across multiple stakeholders and teams and effectively communicating timelines and removing roadblocks as they arise.
• Participating in ''citizen developer'' technical solutions to optimize workflows for our team members and our stakeholders.
• Researching, designing, and providing training on tools and applications that improve collaboration for our team members across every time zone.
• Representing Creative Technologies in internal Netflix workgroups and task forces as needed.
• Working closely with the appropriate Netflix Product and Studio teams to model and communicate your project initiatives.
• Actively finding opportunities to improve and evolve the team's approach to project management.
• At least 5-years of film/TV/media production or post-production experience combined with strong project management skills. Again, we're not necessarily looking for traditional project managers – tell us how you've managed projects successfully in roles you've held.
• Passion to lead challenging projects with ambiguous parameters and many different types of stakeholders. The ability to listen and evaluate many viewpoints, then take initiative and set your own direction.
• The ability to remain organized in a fast-paced environment with many competing priorities. You should be comfortable with having to pivot quickly when necessary.
• Strong communication skills and a collaborative demeanor. We often write and edit documentation together, leave comments for each other, and hold discussions in-person (when we can) and remotely.
• A drive to solve creative problems using technology. Some tools we currently use include Slack, Google Suite (Docs, Sheets), Airtable, and Coda.
• A basic understanding of image capture, production and post-production workflows and best practices.
• A proactive approach to getting things done and strong opinions on how to get there. You're willing to blaze your own path and find your own resources, relentlessly learning and digging into root causes, and reliably leading projects in a way that inspires others to follow.
Some projects we've completed in the past are the first 4K HDR immersive audio anime Sol Levante and High Quality Audio at Netflix.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0yozj-3-236-170-171-42 in your application.