This position is part of the Talent and Experience Operations team, which continuously designs and evolves the infras (structure to deliver an outstanding employee experience. We have a unique approach to employee relations and HR Compliance at Netflix. We don't rely on traditional rules and policies, rather we design experiences that prioritize people over process and ensure HR and employees have the tools and information to make great judgement calls in this space.
This role will report to the Talent and Experience Operations Manager, Employee Relations who will centralize compliance areas within Talent to enable HRBPs and people managers to approach anti-harassment training, leaves of absence, accessibility, investigations etc with expertise and thoughtfulness. The Manager, Leaves of Absence and Accommodations is responsible for implementing the operational strategy, administration, and management for all leaves of absence and job accommodations, aligned with our culture at Netflix for UCAN.
• Ensure compliance and coordination of the leave of absence program
• Ensure successful leave of absence processing and management
• Manage internal documents, letters, policies and other communications, as necessary, to ensure company compliance and drive clear and concise education of the leave programs
• Provide leave of absence and job accommodation coaching, and consulting to multiple levels/areas of the organization (employees, leadership, Talent etc.)
• Actively participate in initiatives to maintain and improve processes and collaborate effectively with all parties involved ensuring a strong culture of customer service
• Effectively maintain cross-functional partnerships with key stakeholders (Benefits, Workers' Comp, EHS, Payroll, etc) to ensure a seamless employee experience
• Responsible for managing the Reasonable Accommodation (ADA) process with regard to employee leaves and when requests come up outside of leaves
• Act as the subject matter expert for all leave programs; use critical thinking and problem solving skills to analyze and resolve complicated or sensitive claims
• Proactively connect with employees and managers to set expectations, assess employee requests, and keep the employee and manager fully aware of the status of claims
• Responsible for system upgrades and management of changes to tools utilized for administer LOA plans and programs
Skills and qualifications:
• A Bachelor's Degree in a related field, and a minimum of five years hands on experience in leave management preferred
• Familiarity with related employment laws; experience in Employee Relations a plus
• General understanding of employee benefits as they relate to leaves of absence, including short/long term disability, COBRA, multi-state disability programs, ADA, FMLA, workers' compensation, etc.
• Experience in ensuring compliance with applicable laws and regulations
• Experience establishing collaborative relationships with multiple stakeholders and ability to provide empathetic support to employees
• Superior customer service skills are strongly preferred
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gm5nm2-3-236-170-171-42 in your application.