Media Prep Coordinator
London, United Kingdom
Production Workflow Specialist Non-Fiction (UK)
Netflix is the leading provider of streaming video, a lot of it original content: features, shorts, series, documentaries, comedy specials and unscripted content.
Across all types of projects, Netflix strives to optimize content quality and longevity without compromising efficiency and creative vision. The Creative Technologies team shepherd this effort by setting our studio standards, defining best practices and aiding our productions to adapt and adhere to them.
As part of the Netflix Production Workflows team, the specialists aim to provide technical guidance based on Netflix specifications and best practices, in order to achieve the highest quality end-to-end imaging and sound pipeline. From on-set through final delivery, we offer direct support to productions, through consultation to DOP's, DIT's, colorists and others, as well as internal and external production teams. Besides the direct support to productions, the Production Workflows team is actively engaged with the industry through hosting training sessions, attending industry events and conferences and active outreach to societies, standard bodies, etc.
By staying up-to-date with the most advanced developments in professional and consumer technology, our specialists offer expertise in key areas of motion picture production and post-production - cameras, sound, data management, imaging, dailies, editorial, color correction, color management, deliverables, archival, virtual production and more!
The non-fiction specialist serves as the subject matter expert on workflows for documentaries, unscripted shows and 'live-to-tape' productions.
As part of the Production Workflows team, you will:
• Provide technical support to Netflix Original productions through workflows calls, visits to technical tests and/or vendors and ongoing consultancy throughout the lifecycle of the production.
• Educate various internal and external teams on Netflix Originals technical specifications and production best practices.
• Troubleshoot media assets for conformance to Netflix Originals specifications.
• Explore, analyze and document global production practices, challenges and opportunities.
• Devise and carry-out strategies to achieve our global goals.
• Contribute to blogs, documentation and other support resources to educate creative partners and vendors about our requirements and initiatives.
• Evaluate vendors for readiness to service Netflix Originals productions where it comes to data management, imaging, HDR and Dolby Atmos workflows.
• Maintain currency on Audio, Video and Streaming technology.
• Represent the Netflix Production Workflows team at industry functions, conferences, committee meetings, etc.
• Strong customer orientation and helpful, collaborative demeanor.
• An ability to translate technical jargon into layman terms.
• Minimum of 5-years of film/TV production or post-production experience in the non-fiction space.
• Extensive understanding of broadcast, image capture, production and post-production workflows.
• A strong desire to bring cutting edge innovative technology to the non-fiction space.
• Understanding of common industry tools and production practices.
• Willingness and aptitude to educate both internal and external entities with varying degrees of knowledge in your area of expertise.
• Ability to develop long-standing relationships with operational teams.
• Ability to communicate and interact on a Global level and frame projects with sensitivity to cultural diversity and industrial variation.
• Knowledge of industry standards and the bodies that ratify them.
• Knowledge of and relationships with technology solutions, equipment and service vendors across post and production.
• Willingness to travel frequently across the EMEA region for vendor visits, kick-off meetings and troubleshooting.
• A passion for sound and the moving image.