Netflix is the leading provider of streaming video, much of the content being original features, shorts, series, documentaries, comedy specials and unscripted content.
Across all types of projects, Netflix strives to optimize content quality and longevity without compromising efficiency and creative vision. As part of the Production Technology and Operations team, Production Technologists aim to drive the adoption of practices that favor technical quality and predictable results on Netflix Productions. From on-set through to final delivery, we offer direct support to production crews as well as internal and external post and physical production teams.
By staying up-to-date with the most advanced developments in professional and consumer technology, our Technologists offer expertise in key areas of motion picture production and post-production - cameras, sound, data management, image science, dailies, editorial, color correction, deliverables, archival, VFX imaging and more! The non-fiction Technologist serves as the subject matter expert consultant on workflows for documentaries, unscripted shows and 'live-to-tape' productions.
As part of the Production Technology & Operations team, you will:
• Provide workflow support to Netflix productions through workflows calls, visits to technical tests and/or vendors and ongoing consultancy throughout the lifecycle of the production.
• Ensures the development and documentation of technical project milestones.
• Contribute to blogs, documentation and other support resources to educate creative partners and vendors about our requirements and initiatives.
• Align with internal teams who also support productions.
• Educate internal and external teams on Netflix Originals technical specifications and production best practices.
• Explore, analyze and document global production practices, challenges and opportunities.
• Evaluate vendors for readiness to service Netflix Originals productions when it comes to data management, imaging, HDR and Dolby Atmos workflows.
• Troubleshoot media assets for conformance to Netflix Originals specifications.
• Maintain currency on Audio, Video and Streaming technology.
• Represent the Netflix Production Technology & Operations team at industry functions, conferences, committee meetings, etc.
• Devise and carry-out strategies to achieve our global goals.
• Participates in writing technical specifications and educational outreach.
• Stay up to date on the latest production workflow software, hardware and tools.
Skills & Requirements:
• Strong customer orientation and helpful, collaborative demeanor.
• An ability to translate technical jargon into layman's terms.
• Minimum of 5-years of film/TV production or post-production experience; ideally in the non-fiction genre.
• Extensive understanding of broadcast, image capture, production and post-production workflows.
• A strong desire to bring cutting edge innovative technology to elevate the non-fiction space.
• Understanding of common industry tools and production practices.
• Willingness and aptitude to educate both internal and external entities with varying degrees of knowledge in your area of expertise.
• Ability to develop long-standing relationships with production and post-production operational teams.
• Ability to communicate and interact on a global level and frame projects with sensitivity to cultural diversity and industrial variation.
• Knowledge of industry standards and the bodies that ratify them.
• Experience in and relationships with technology solutions, equipment and service vendors across production and post.
• A passion for sound and the moving image.
• Ability to thrive in the Netflix culture, centered around feedback, transparency, and accountability.
• This job is based in Los Angeles, CA
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1zjne-18-207-157-152-42 in your application.