Remote / Virtual
This is your chance to be on the ground floor with a team that is transforming entertainment through original production. With our increasing slate of originals, it's a great time to join Netflix. The Netflix Production Safety Manager will support our health & safety function within Netflix's Original Productions across both Series and Features. This role is responsible for health and safety consulting for Netflix productions and studio facilities. Reporting into the Manager, Production Safety, this role partners closely with Legal, Risk Management, and Physical Production.
• Provides health & safety consulting services to Netflix's global productions
• Evaluates production concepts, scripts, pitches, etc., for safety and environmental concerns and risks
• Mitigates safety concerns by working directly with Production Executives, Producers, Unit Production Managers, and other production staff
• Works directly with the Production in the planning and execution phase of all filming: assessing safety needs, securing appropriate vendors, and traveling to remote locations as required
• Attends production technical recces and production meetings on a national and international basis
• Develops and distributes the Production H&S policy and other production safety guidelines
• Evaluates production sets, stages, and locations for safety issues
• Recommends corrective actions and assists productions in implementation
• Responds to and investigates production emergencies, incidents, and accidents
• Coordinates production employee health & safety training
• Works independently without direct management supervision
• Develops and maintains effective working relationships with industry safety organizations, representatives, and governmental regulatory agencies as appropriate
Preferred Candidate Profile:
• A minimum of 5 years of experience working as a health & safety manager or relevant experience working in the entertainment industry. Experience as a production safety consultant is a plus.
• Thorough understanding of motion picture and television production process including organizational structure, terminology, equipment, construction methods, stunt and special effects techniques, etc.
• Knowledge of UK / EMEA health & safety and environmental regulations
• Grad or Chartered IOSH Membership, Certificate Level Occupational Hygienist, and/or Certified Safety Professional a plus
• Fluency in a second language a plus
• Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
• Travel domestically and internationally
• Determine the applicable regulations in regions and countries where a particular production may be shooting (possibly for the first time)
• Quickly recognize and resolve various production safety issues that arise during the course of normal production activities
• Partner with risk managers, loss control executives and insurance underwriters to resolve loss prevention issues
• Interact with regulatory agencies, company management, productions, and studio personnel
Netflix is the world's leading streaming entertainment service with over 195 million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without adverts or commitments.