We are looking for a lead-level product designer to push the boundaries of interactive experiences on Netflix. Collaborating with the world's best game developers, we leverage our product and content expertise to design experiences where viewers interact and engage with gaming content in new and memorable ways. This role will work closely with a talented team of designers, product managers, engineers and external game partners to help millions of viewers around the world discover and enjoy their next interactive experience on Netflix.
You're equally comfortable defining new UX patterns and UIs in order to help our team expand the definition of ''interactive'' across Netflix. You balance a passion for interactive media and creating gorgeous and emotionally resonant user experiences with a strong desire of understanding user behavior and success through data and consumer insights. When faced with limits and ambiguity, you become more - not less - creative. You love this zone. You bring projects from concept to completion, doing everything possible to ensure their success.
You're smart, confident, highly competent-and humble enough not to have an ego. You're a skilled communicator who welcomes honest, candid feedback, and your first instinct is to collaborate with others to challenge and make your ideas even better. You partner with a cross-functional team to oversee the experience from conception to launch (and then some).
• Initiate, define and lead innovation initiatives and features from concept through launch.
• Collaborate with a small team of designers and prototypers to explore, test, and evolve interactive experiences on Netflix.
• Partner with external game studios and partners to design and implement new platform features that can be utilized at scale.
• Own the full-stack design process-from blue sky exploration to UX specs to polished UI designs to working with engineers to implement a flawless experience.
• Develop and maintain positive relationships and collaborations with Product Managers, Engineering, Consumer Insights, and Game Studio partners.
• Help to create a strong interactive design point-of-view and help cross-functional teams clearly understand the vision.
• 8+ years of experience designing features for games platforms.
• Deep understanding of game production methodologies, technologies and gaming industry trends.
• Multiple successful game platform product/feature launches that drove meaningful impact to the business.
• A versatile portfolio that showcases deep interaction and visual design skills
• Ability to quickly produce a great range of UX/UI concepts, as well as go deep to identify edge cases.
• The communication skills to clearly articulate your concepts-and evangelize on their behalf
• Experience with A/B testing and using data to inform design decisions is a plus
• Proven leadership and strategic ability to drive initiatives and projects
• Figma experience and working with an established design systems is a plus
• A love of movies, TV shows and interactive media
Why you'll love it here:
• Your work is experiences globally by 300M+ viewers (and growing) in 190 countries
• You are empowered to imagine what ''interactive TV'' means and create new delight for our members
• You are surrounded by many talented people that you're inspired by everyday
• On the spectrum from careful to reckless, we live right on the border of reckless (otherwise we're not pushing boundaries)
• You get control how you approach solving problems
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rv7jew-3-236-84-188-42 in your application.