Netflix is the world's leading streaming entertainment service with memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. It's an amazing time to join the Netflix team as we continue to transform entertainment. If you are a talented public relations professional with a passion for content and entertainment, keep reading.
About the Role
We are looking to hire a creative self-starter who loves, lives, and breathes entertainment, to be a PR Coordinator for the Japan PR team. Reporting to the PR Director, Japan, you will be part of a team of stunning storytellers working on impactful publicity and communications campaigns to drive conversations about our brand and upcoming titles. The role is also a key partner to the Content, Marketing, Policy, and Partnerships teams, as well the APAC and global PR teams.
This is a demanding and fast-moving position that requires a proactive and positive thinker, able to exercise good judgment and initiative. At Netflix, we don't have rules and regulations. We hire adults who act responsibly on the resources and freedom they are given to do their work, and we expect high performance in return.
Reporting to a PR Director, the role requires excellent project management skills, multi-tasking ability and building and maintaining strong rapport with internal and external stakeholders.
These responsibilities can be managed independently or/and in partnership with other team members. Tasks are varied, extensive and timely.
They will include but are not limited to:
• Manage overall Japan PR calendar including timelines of debuts and releases;
• Support director in rolling out overall PR strategy that drives conversation
• Assist with cross-functional meeting arrangements, interpretation, and preparing presentations and reports to APAC
• Assist with announcements, executive appearances, issues management, media training and more;
• Support innovative publicity campaigns for our Japan originals and our incredible slate of locally relevant shows from all around the world to drive our business in Japan
• Work with the regional teams to put in place a set of best practices that enable us to move quicker, bigger and better
• Creating presentations and documents using PowerPoint and Google Apps in English and Japanese
• Maintain flexibility and openness to take on additional projects as necessary or assigned
The successful candidate for this role will likely:
• At least 3+ years of previous coordinator, project manager or team assistant experience preferred
• Prior entertainment studio, TV network, PR or agency experience preferred
• A great communicator - via email, by phone, in-person and simultaneously
• Have experience supporting and/or executing a publicity campaign by working well across disciplines
• Be able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously under deadline and thrive in high energy, fast-paced environment
• Possess a keen understanding of media and have relationships with press is a plus
• Be able and willing to operate in a global environment
• Be a clear and concise communicator in Japanese as well as in English
• Passionate about entertainment and a fan of series, film and pop culture in Japan
• Poised and mature, not scared to speak up or challenge
• A proactive and positive thinker and a contributor to the team
• Knowledge of Google Suite is preferred
For more about Netflix please read our long-term view and culture memo. A commitment to embrace and advocate for inclusion is essential.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and celebrate diversity, recognizing that diversity of thought and background builds stronger teams. We approach diversity and inclusion seriously and thoughtfully. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, color, place of birth, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, military service status or disability status.
Netflix Japan will not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from recruitment agencies, and we will not be responsible for any related fees. Please do not forward resumes to our career page or employees.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dy2nqm-3-238-180-174-42 in your application.