Full Time Job
Post Production Coordinator
- Full Time
- Mid (2-5 years) Experience
Job DescriptionCoordinator, Post Production (France)
Fueled by the broad appeal of enjoying unlimited movies and TV shows instantly, Netflix is the world's leading Internet television network in over 190 countries. With this international expansion and a growing slate of Local Language Original productions, it's a great time to join Netflix.
In concert with the Post Production Manager, the Post Coordinator serves as the primary post-production contact across pre-production, production, and post-production, overseeing a wide range of projects, including our French Originals content.
This position will be based in our Paris office with initial training and onboarding in our EMEA HQ in Amsterdam. High proficiency in both French and English languages is essential.
The Post Coordinator will assist the Post Manager in the vetting of initial production and post-production plans, communicate with Content Executives (and other teams), and keep them abreast of any post-production-related issues. In this role, you will support teams internally while also being a key point of support for production companies, freelance producers, and production crews.
Collaborative working is a must, with a need to liaise with many stakeholders to ensure our content is maintained at the highest standards and deadlines. The role seeks someone who will champion logistics and evolving technologies and determine how to incorporate them into production and post production workflows.
This is a demanding and fast-moving position that requires someone who is a proactive and positive thinker, able to exercise sound judgment and communication.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Support the post managers reviewing schedules, budgets, quotes, project notes, and workflows
• Keeping up to date with Netflix tools, specifications, technologies and actively support their development
• Data aggregation - Post Info, Personnel/Facility - into the Netflix ecosystem and streamline digital workflows
• Track and manage all post schedules, keeping stakeholders apprised of status
• Set up and manage dailies and cut viewing for internal Creative Execs
• Set up and attend post-production calls and meetings as needed
• Coordinate with internal specialists from onboarding new projects through the delivery process - i.e., QC, localization, archiving assets, etc.
• Update and manage internal databases/trackers
• Manage Publicity and Marketing requests and assets
• Set up key creative approval sessions such as final sound and color reviews
• Coordinate with cross-functional team members and proactively contribute to project-specific task forces
• Fluency in English and French is required.
• Minimum of 3 years' experience as freelance or in-house Post Supervisor/ Coordinator / Scheduler on independent or studio feature films or series
• Local vendor and Production knowledge in France is required
• Ability to handle a fast-paced environment supervising several projects in various points of production (from development through delivery)
• Familiar with the current trends and workflows for both UHD/4K and HDR
• Understanding of media file types and film deliverables
• Ability to respond after hours for important, timely, or urgent matters
• Team-player who operates in a fast-paced, team-oriented setting
• Analytical thinker with the ability to quickly identify problem sources and troubleshoot effectively
• Ability to be discrete and maintain confidential information
• Ability to travel frequently to international offices and vendors
• Understanding of how to prioritize and how to respond accordingly
• Willingness to continue learning to ensure understanding of current post-process
• Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to multi-task
• Working knowledge of UHD/4K cameras, UHD/4K workflows, Avid, Final Cut Pro, Premiere, Resolve, Baselight, Nucoda, After Effects, ProTools, IMF, DCP
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Google Workspace, and Pix. Familiarity with Movie Magic Budgeting a plus