Do you love entertainment? Are you an avid fan of TV series, film and docs? Do you know what videos and photos appeal to audiences across all media formats and makes them take notice? Does the thought of working with the industry's greatest talent from on-screen and behind-the-camera inspire you? And can you combine creative brilliance with expert project management?
The Team You'll be Joining: Photo & AV Studio
The Photo & AV Studio team has the enviable position of straddling two worlds in the entertainment industry: photo & video asset creation & global communication strategy. We specialise in capturing and creating photo & video assets that shape, enhance and support our publicity campaigns for our Netflix Original content including series, films, and documentaries.
Simply put, we produce the content that compels people to watch our shows through earned media!
What photos will ensure a magazine spread? What video will get audiences and publishers excited about a new show? How do we make a talking head interview visually pop? How can we be smart and tell different stories across different countries through visual assets. These are just some of the opportunities you'll be delivering in this role.
We are seeking a strategic individual to lead publicity campaigns, driven by A/V materials, for Netflix titles - photography, videos, the next big thing. Our content stands out and makes an impact on the industry and consumers alike, compelling them to watch Netflix content.
The role requires a high level of creativity, an inquisitive, innovative and self motivated personality, and a succinct communicator with a strong project management background. Being a team player with a positive attitude and willingness to be flexible and get the job done is essential, as is the ability to strategically plan and execute multiple projects simultaneously.
You'll be working with TV/film productions, talent, filmmakers and publicity events as part of the Netflix UK Publicity team. Building relationships as well as working autonomously in a fast paced environment will be key to success.
We don't focus on job titles at Netflix but hire outstanding high performers who act responsibly on the resources and freedom they are given to do their work. The ideal candidate will use sound judgement to make wise decisions, think strategically and drive their colleagues to do the same. Read our culture memo to learn more.
This job is based in London and reports to the Photo & AV Studio UK Film lead.
Responsibilities of the role include:
• Develop and execute publicity assets campaign strategy, per project/title, to capture, produce and utilise creative material to enhance and support the campaign throughout its lifecycle
• Oversee a slate of projects that include several original films and documentaries
• Drive communication with your UK, Regional and Global campaign publicist counterparts, marketing/social teams, showrunners/filmmakers and talent reps
• Hire and oversee unit photographers and video crews, including script and schedule review and communication with production
• Produce strong creative materials that shape and enhance the overall publicity campaign
• Assist with the asset management and servicing of material
• Oversee photography/video needs for premieres, events and photo shoots
• Manage budgets
Preferred Candidate Profile:
• 8+ years experience working across visual asset creation, publicity, publishing or communications
• Strategic thought-partner
• Strong team player
• Deadline-oriented with strong time management skills
• Strong eye for producing visual assets
• Ability to handle high volume of complex projects and tasks for multiple people and departments simultaneously and manage competing priorities
• Must be able to work independently, make sound decisions, think strategically, and maintain accuracy and attention to detail
• Must possess solid organizational, effective time management and excellent verbal and written communication skills to communicate effectively with internal and external teams
• Understanding and interest in copyright laws, usage licenses and embargoes
• Understanding of the photography/video industry. Strong knowledge in digital file specs & size formats
• Experience working in a global team is preferred
• A commitment to embrace and advocate for inclusion is essential
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d2n976-3-235-120-150-42 in your application.