Netflix is the world's leading streaming entertainment service in over 190 countries. Netflix aspires to provide great entertainment for people everywhere from the world's best creators across movies, TV series, documentaries, comedy and more. Our members have control over what they watch, when and where, all with no commercials. It's an amazing time to join the Netflix team as we continue to transform entertainment.
About the Role
Do you love entertainment and can't get enough of TV series, film and docs? Are you incredibly organised, always trying to solve problems and make things run more efficiently and effectively? If this has piqued your interest, we may have an opportunity for you.
We are seeking an Events Coordinator who will play a key role in supporting the team of seasoned professionals developing and executing strategic events which are key in our press outreach and publicity campaigns.
Tasks are varied, extensive and timely. They will include but are not limited to: Lead meeting planning and preparation, work with other coordinators across the department to put in place a set of best practices that enable us to move quicker, bigger and better; coordinating with outside agencies and vendors and internal teams; assisting with meeting schedules and facilitation, including help putting together documentations and coordinating audiovisual needs; updating various lists, documents; helping to coordinate the invite process; trafficking creative and screening asset requests. Support in the planning, managing and execution of press junkets, title premieres, fan engagements and other varied event activations and other duties as assigned.
This job is based in Singapore and reports to the Director, Events, Screenings & Experiences, APAC.
The successful candidate is:
• Creative in conceptualization, crafting of creative proposals and quotations
• A proactive and positive thinker and a contributor to the team
• Able to work independently, juggle multiple tasks at once
• Able to anticipate potential problems, willingness to be flexible and get the job done
• Confident and able to express ideas and point of view thoughtfully and with passion
• Meticulous about the details and thorough, completes tasks and follows up
• Scrappy, resourceful and relentless in trying to find a solution
• Aware that the world of events is not a 9-5 job
• Able to pivot and adapt to shifting priorities without missing a beat
• Effective in dealing with external event vendors, agencies and internal stakeholders
• A great communicator - via email, by phone and in person
• Curious and can contribute effectively outside of their speciality
• Bonus if you already know Google Drive like the back of your hand. If not, you are quick to learn and adapt with new systems
The successful candidate will likely have:
• 4 to 5 years of entertainment or relevant experience organising, planning, executing and staffing events at an agency, studio, TV network or with a brand
• Experience in delivering events across APAC region, including virtual / hybrid events
• Experience of running virtual events using webinar and other virtual platforms will be an advantage
• The ability to speak and write English is important, an additional Asian language is an advantage
• Open for travel as when things are back to normal
The Netflix culture attracts talents who exhibit good judgment, innovation, selflessness, courage, impact, candid communication, passion, and curiosity. Read our culture memo. If it resonates with you, maybe you're the right person to join our team.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gkkzy4-3-236-118-225-42 in your application.