Netflix Outreach & Engagement focuses on attracting and engaging talent for Animated studio projects and executive level Content Creative Development candidates from underrepresented groups. The team builds employer brand awareness and cultivates relationships with industry and creative practitioners, by positioning Netflix as the ideal inclusive entertainment company to work with and for. Our Animation talent development programs currently support hiring creators in art, story, and writing, with the desire to grow into more areas.
The Manager, Animation Talent Development will partner closely internally with O&E colleagues, Animation Talent Acquisition, Animation Content teams, Talent Operations, External Affairs and the live-action Talent Development team. They will manage the strategy, development, and execution of above the line (ATL) emerging creative programs, as well as events and external engagement aimed at attracting prospective creatives.
What You'll Do:
• Create and evolve the Animation talent development strategy into a scaleable, inclusive, international slate of programs, projects, and engagement opportunities.
• Collaborate with members of the Animation team in content and production to help identify gaps and opportunities for emerging talent.
• Develop and execute a strategy for sourcing, applications, referrals, sample reviews, and recruitment of early career programs.
• Source and interview above the line talent for placement opportunities on Netflix Animation productions, keeping an inclusive hiring perspective on new voices.
• Leverage networking and other research methods to identify and track outreach targets, with a pulse on the candidate market trends for emerging ATL talent.
• Partner with the Events & Media Strategy pod on outreach events and initiatives.
• Manage and track new organizations and groups who we should be strategically partnering with for DEI opportunities
• Forge relationships and innovate on ways to create alliances with organizations, collaborating closely with the content team.
What You'll Need:
• 7+ yrs of experience as a talent development or outreach leader in the entertainment industry that includes above the line animation programs.
• Must have experience interviewing and assessing candidates for Animation writing, with Animation Directing program experience as a plus.
• Experience partnering with a diverse range of creative internal and external stakeholders for Animation talent placement.
• A pulse on entertainment industry talent pipelines and organizations, preferably catering to animation, emerging talent, and underrepresented communities.
• A self-starter who is able to work independently, and under pressure, while consistently exercising sound judgement even when faced with ambiguity.
• Resourceful strategic thinker and creative problem solver - experience with marketing, social, media, and online event production is a plus.
• Ability to pivot quickly and maintain a positive attitude and cultivate internal relationships.
• Agile with meticulous attention to details.
• Excellent organizational skills and ability to roll up your sleeves to get things done with no ego.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rjv2yb-3-229-142-91-42 in your application.