Non-Linear Editing (NLE) Technician
Netflix is building in-house Post Production Facilities and Services in order to support the ever growing volume of Original Content we are producing. The Studio is focused on delivering the very best levels of service and creative experience to our filmmakers and creative executives. Our Post Production Facilities and Services team is charged with the Operational Management of these services and spaces, and will be recruiting a team of talented and dedicated individuals to ensure success.
We are building Animation Studios in Burbank and Hollywood for our Original and Adult Animation production, and we are providing in-house facilities for Off-line Editing, Dialogue Recording, Dialogue Editing, Music Editing, and talent facing client concierge services. We are looking for an experienced Non-Linear Editing Technician with a comprehensive knowledge of Avid and Adobe Premiere Non Linear Editing systems, and experience of working within Scripted Features and Episodic editorial environments.
The candidate will support the day to day technical and creative needs of our Editorial teams working in house across both our Animation Studios. Responsible for Avid Media Composer and Adobe Premiere software and systems support, the role will serve as a partner and effectively become an extension of the Editorial crew on site. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of engaging with Editors and Assistant Editors, as well as content creators and post production management, and will work hand in hand with the Client services team to ensure a seamless creative and collaborative experience. Partnering closely with other internal engineering teams, the candidate will provide expert subject knowledge and context into platform, tooling, and systems design, as well as acting as a key stakeholder during implementation, commissioning and continued development.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Provide expert technical and operational support on site, across Avid Media Composer and Adobe Premiere to our Editorial crews in Production
• Be a partner to our Editorial teams, build trusting relationships with Editors and Assistants across all our Shows
• Partner closely with the Client Services Team to ensure our service is efficient and optimized at all times, deliver a seamless experience for all our Filmmakers at each campus.
• Partner closely with other internal engineering teams, providing concise reporting of issues, and Production context to ensure the creative and technical needs of the Editorial teams and our Shows are met.
• Liaise closely with our Workplace team to ensure our Editors needs in terms of comfort and facilities are always met and exceeded with minimal disruption
• Document, share and evolve best practices and 'how to' brochure guides for our Editorial teams.
• Build close relationships with our software and vendor partners to drive innovation and development
• Provide workflow expertise, post pipeline knowledge and guidance to our Editors, Filmmaker and Post Management executives.
• 10+years of experience in facility as an Avid and Adobe Premiere Technician, within post production, studio or network
• Deep technical and working knowledge of creative software applications including Avid's Media Composer and Pro Tools, the Adobe Suite. Python and bash scripting knowledge is a plus
• Working knowledge of hardware including workstations, components, displays, peripherals, networking, and storage solutions as it applies to editorial workflows.
• The ability to elucidate software bugs, organize support requests, and close the loop on remediations
• Experience with and ability to respectfully, but authoritatively, engage with creative executives and content creators
• Ability to manage and operate in ambiguous situations and think on your feet to solve challenges and problems
• Strong communication skills with proven ability to socialize, explain and promote new and complex technology, tools and workflows
• Extensive knowledge of content creation and post production workflows
• Proven track record of innovation, initiative, ideation and implementation
• Proven abilities to embrace, drive and enable change management
• Experience with instituting quality management frameworks and process improvement
• Experience working with diverse teams across multiple functions, skills and locations
• Strong organizational skills with proactive mindset, positive orientation and outlook
• Ability to respond after hours for important, timely, or urgent matters
• Team-player who thrives in a fast paced, team-oriented setting
• Passionate about our culture and values in the workplace
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rj89we-3-236-68-118-42 in your application.