Web Design Coordinator
American Film Institute
Los Angeles, CA
It's an exciting time to join Netflix as we continue to transform entertainment globally. We bring new stories to over 200 million people in over 190 countries worldwide by promoting our original, exclusive content. A key growth factor is our ability to empower Netflix personnel to utilize cutting-edge technology built in-house that maximizes studio/production efficiencies to facilitate creation of the world's best streaming content. We're looking for an Media Editor who embodies a passion for helping others learn and do their best work, especially via technology.
Like all great companies, we strive to hire the best and we value integrity, excellence, respect, inclusivity, and collaboration. What is special about Netflix, among other things, is our Culture.
The Media Editor will be responsible for creating instructional and promotional videos and graphic assets for the products built in-house for Netflix Studio. This individual will drive education and adoption by creating scalable, self-serve marketing and training resources for all of our global users. This individual must have strong video creation and editing skills as well as a passion for making complex technical things as broadly accessible as possible. Our team is based in Los Angeles, but this is a role that requires global thinking - we are communicating with employees all over the world. It is a bonus if this person has a strong understanding of studio/production workflows and the entertainment industry in general.
The Studio Product Rollout team uniquely sits between the teams developing the software products for Netflix Studio and the Studio employees who utilize these products. We are a customer success team that engages with cross-functional teams from both organizations on a daily basis via partnerships that drive change management. Our main goal is to help empower all Studio employees to do their jobs faster, easier, and smarter by using and adopting new technology. If you are an early tech adopter and enjoy creating new pathways to help others, this is the space for you. Our secondary goal is to develop programs that enrich employees in both the Product and the Studio organizations with tailored learning experiences geared towards aligning the two divergent worlds/businesses of Technology and Entertainment.
Studio Technology Duties & Responsibilities
• Becoming an expert in Studio products (aka apps), understanding how they work for end users and how to communicate guidelines, workflows, new features, etc. These apps streamline the way we produce content, and they help connect several areas of the business. For example, one app tracks content submissions while another tracks production & post production info.
• Creating all ''how-to'' videos for these apps - including graphics that illustrate concepts and product features.
• Evangelizing new technology and its benefit to Studio workflows and Studio employees in their roles.
Video Editing/Graphics Expertise
• Experience in creating training materials to illustrate guidelines, best practices, and overall UI navigation for software technology. These materials will be used for new hire onboarding as well as ongoing education for tenured employees. Videos must clearly illustrate tool workflows in an easily self-managed, approachable way that will facilitate individual and studio-wide change management.
• Confidence in producing a high volume of high quality deliverables across a large landscape of different types of software.
• The ability to break down complex workflows in a simple, yet engaging visual manner.
• The ability to be detail-oriented and comprehensive in explaining product UIs (user interfaces) and feature functionality.
• The ability to adapt various media styles depending on varying types of content.
Cross Functional Collaboration
• Develop relationships with product managers, product designers, and fellow Studio Product Rollout members to understand the full product landscape. Understanding the product landscape will provide the necessary foundation to create effective, engaging videos for training and promoting these apps.
• Will thrive in our Culture;
• Has material design skills (to create aesthetically pleasing, easy to understand videos & graphics for training curriculum).
• Possesses excellent presentation, communication & 1:1 relationship skills.
• Has experience with G Suite and other progressive cloud-based platforms.
• Is passionate about leaning into new ideas and helping others overcome legacy thinking.
• Can be flexible amid an ever-changing and growing environment.
• Is willing and able to run lean with a DIY mentality.
Our team knows that work experiences come in many shapes and sizes, and that life introduces unexpected challenges for all (most recently via the global pandemic). We are open-minded about candidates having time spent unemployed and we'd love to hear from you even if you don't meet 100% of the requirements.