Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments. With this international expansion and a move into Korean originals, it's a great time to join Netflix.
The successful candidate will be self-motivated, proactive, quick-thinking, flexible, able to pivot when necessary, thorough and able to juggle multiple and diverse responsibilities with a strong emphasis on organization and an unwavering attention to detail at all times. This is a demanding and fast moving position that requires someone who is a proactive and positive thinker, and able to exercise good judgment and initiative.
• Working with the Netflix KOREA cross-functional team including and not limited to Creative, Physical Production, Post Production, Finance, Legal Executives as well as Producers and Showrunners across the lifespan of multiple series in different states of pre-production, production and post
• Analyzing scripts, developing VFX breakdowns & budgets and Providing recommendations and feedback on VFX scope of work and feasibility.
• Building new and maintaining existing relationships with vendors/talent in region
• Technical understanding of the VFX process including 4K pipelines, HDR deliveries as well as emerging technologies for improving workflows such as Virtual Production
• Alignment and advancement of the VFX department workflow internationally in order to promote efficiency and transparency that supports the overall business goals of Netflix
• Help maintain a weekly reporting system for transparency of progress with cross-functional partners
• Minimum 10 years working as a VFX Supervisor or VFX Producer with a strong technical background producing 4K Series or Feature Film projects
• Demonstrated success working in a team environment including VFX and cross-disciplinary departments
• Experience managing and delivering VFX for multiple film or series projects.
• Repeat experience with vendor bidding, creating shot breakdowns, managing VFX budgets, schedules and deliverables with favorable outcomes.
• Extensive knowledge of Korea VFX vendor market / Previous on-set experience favorable and will be likely in this role
• Expertise with building shot breakdown, vendor bidding, managing VFX budgets, schedules and deliverables with favorable outcomes
• Proficiency building or using production/budget tracking software (ex Shotgun, Filemaker, F-Track) and usage of Google Suite
• Comfortable in highly volatile and creative environments
• Candidate should be Fluent Korean speaker and proficiency in English and capable of speaking and writing to creative and technical requirements for VFX in both languages
Netflix is the world's leading internet entertainment service with over 195 million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages.