Alternative Entertainment Fastrack Rotational Program
Los Angeles, CA
Fueled by the broad appeal of the instantaneous enjoyment of unlimited original and licensed movies and TV shows and technology, Netflix has grown to over 195 million paid memberships in over 190 countries. As we expand globally, we continue to need to expand our talented and unique team to help us scale. With our continued investment in a slate of content including original productions, content licensing, and international expansion, it's a great time for you to join Netflix. Visit our culture memo and long-term view to learn more about the unique Netflix culture and the opportunity to be part of our team.
• Leveraging Netflix's innovative and fast paced culture, you will support the company's new Sustainability Strategy by working with the Production and Creative teams to green physical production at speed and scale
• Reports to Netflix Sustainability Officer, based at HQ and remotely
• Serve as a subject matter expert for production teams, providing related guidance and support to internal teams and also third party stakeholders such as industry organizations, environment organizations, regulators, etc.
• Together with the Production teams, assess current practices across Netflix self-produced productions, and where possible, partner-managed and licensed
• Collect physical production data for annual carbon footprint; quantify emissions reductions from Production to feed into corporate target attainment
• Implement sustainability training for Production Operations, Crew, and Talent
• Recommend bold ideas where Netflix could make changes to Production Operations or Vendor Specifications that improve energy efficiency, electrify fuels, and decarbonize their footprint while maintaining quality and speed of production. Ideally, help exemplify the vision laid out in the Screen New Deal report.
• Coordinate green production certification across regions
• Represent Netflix in select green production industry groups
• Capture and chronicle success stories to inspire industry-wide change
• Advanced Degree in Environmental Science, Policy and Management or equivalent
• 8+ years of experience in sustainability & the entertainment industry.
• Confident in communicating with executives, various internal teams and third party stakeholders.
• Demonstrated ability to develop and implement a strategy with successful execution in developing and managing complex multi-national projects.