We are seeking a Manager of Space Planning, reporting to the Director of Occupancy Strategy and Regional CREWS Leader, to support the day-to-day space planning of existing Netflix offices, lead on the development of space programming for new Netflix spaces, while tracking the regional changes of workplace occupancy of Netflix's growing real estate portfolio in the United States and Canada regions.
The focus of the Space Planning role will be the strategic planning and analysis of Netflix existing and planned corporate and studio locations within the United States and Canada (UCAN) region. The role will collaborate and communicate with other members of the global occupancy and space planning team, real estate strategists, designers, and workplace specialists.
• Subject matter expert for the region on space planning, space programming and occupancy planning; regional lead for co-developing space planning methodologies at a macro level and bridging those strategies to the micro level to support individual sites
• Monitors, tracks and reports space and occupancy trends based on local headcount forecasting, business org changes and space requirements
• Leads spatial and occupancy analysis' for the region; gathers trends and findings to support on future regional planning as well as global impacts and initiatives
• Manages and responsible for the implementation of space utilization metrics and strategies for the region; including the close partnership with the global space & occupancy team on best practices of occupancy sensor programs and badge analysis'
• Develop space programs for new corporate offices, post production facilities and studio spaces; track the development and implementation of the program from project inception to completion
• Liaise and build relationships with local/regional business partners to ensure their business' allocation,adjacency and spatial needs are met, validating yearly headcount projections and confirming spatial programming requirements
• As the SME for the region, analyze and report on space and headcount trends; partner with the global S&O team to strategize long term occupancy and spatial solutions
• In partnership with the regional workplace teams, lead to ensure data accuracy within the CAFM system for all regional space and occupancy data
• Utilize space and occupancy metrics to inform regional real estate decisions.
• Perform spatial analysis to develop scenarios on the most strategic use of space; including implementing seating strategies that maximize space utilization.
• Partner with the regional MAC coordination team in the development of move and migration plans with space allocations and occupancy data
• Closely partner with the global Space & Occupancy team on developing workplace strategy pilots, specific to region, to support the hybrid workplace
• Create presentations for highly visible projects for a wide range audience (ie: senior leadership) containing but not limited to workplace standards, agile work environments, and complex phasing
• Provide conceptual space plans and recommendations to stakeholders subsequently preparing block plans or stacking diagrams
• Keep up to date with emerging trends and insights with regards to workplace strategy, design, and best practices
• Other duties may be assigned
• Travel up to 25% of the time
• BA/BS degree or equivalent combination of education, training and experience in Architecture, Interior Architecture or Space Planning
• 7+ years of experience in workplace strategy, occupancy and space planning
• Expertise in space planning, user research, occupancy planning and strategy, and space programming
• Comfortable in a fast-paced, open, collaborative environment
• Direct experience managing a diverse and talented team
• High degree of flexibility and the ability to collaborate, problem solve and multi-task
• Proficiency in AutoCAD, GSuite (specifically Google Sheets), and CAFM systems
• Knowledge of ADA requirements and building codes
• Ability to read and interpret floor plans and construction documents
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced, team based, deadline oriented environment
• Ability to effectively manage complex tasks and prioritize multiple projects and competing priorities
• Ability to develop business cases and service requirements while creating and managing strategic alliances
• Ability to build internal networks and work cross-functional
• Excellent organizational and project management skills
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Demonstrated ability to produce reports/documents
• Strong presentation and facilitation skills
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gxoj2j-54-158-251-104-42 in your application.