Manager, Space & Occupancy Planning - LA
Los Angeles, CA
Netflix is the world's leading digital entertainment service. As we expand globally, we continue to look for the best and brightest talent to help us scale. Visit our culture memo and long-term view to learn more about the unique Netflix culture and the opportunity to be part of our team.
The Manager, Security Operations (West Coast) will be responsible for enhancing physical security capabilities across Netflix sites in the Western region of the United States, based out of our Los Angeles office. This includes strengthening relationships with local / State / Federal law enforcement agencies, optimizing security preparedness and response and overseeing physical security operations. You will be empowered to make things happen and have a natural inclination to work within a high-performance culture that is fast-paced, dynamic, and self-directed. This position will report to the Director of Security Operations, UCAN, based in Los Gatos, CA.
• Manage Netflix security operations in the West Coast Region, including programs, strategic services, and projects that minimize business risk exposure across multiple locations in UCAN (US & Canada)
• Drive physical security programs, projects, and initiatives effectively; including budget management, vendor management, and quality control.
• Analyze the local security environment to identify emerging security trends that may impact the company
• Oversee management of contract security provider including service level agreements, key performance indicators, deployment and ensure appropriate solutions are in pace to minimize business risk exposure
• Develop, implement and rehearse emergency response and crisis management plans
• Oversee the LA Netflix Security Management team (people manager)
• Liaise with existing landlord contract security and surrounding property owners
• Develop and maintain guard post orders, response procedures, and best practices
• Collect, analyze and report security metrics (incident and performance-based) that demonstrate security's impact and risk reduction
• Draft timely and accurate situation reports and written briefings for senior leadership
• Collaborate with other Netflix Security teams (GSOC, Systems, etc.) to advise on requirements for and implementation of physical and technical security systems at corporate locations
• Implement security requirements to support special events during employee and public-facing events to ensure appropriate levels of security coverage
• Liaise with local law enforcement authorities
• Partner with internal stakeholders to ensure the team is focused on what is best for Netflix
• Travel regionally and internationally as required (approximately 25-45%)
• Bachelor's degree in Business, Emergency Management, Security, or related field, with at least 10 years of experience (combined public/private sector experience considered) in security operations with increasing scope, responsibility and complexity at a multinational company.
• Experience in managing security vendors, including union and non-union contracts.
• Knowledge and experience in RFP/RFI process, including new vendor onboarding.
• Experience in project management and program development with delivery accountability.
• Foundational understanding of collection and analysis of security metrics to inform decisions, including conducting risk and vulnerability assessments and operational security design/planning
• Proven track record of strong cross functional relations
• Capable of adapting to and leaning in to risk
• Can work independently with a DIY mentality and drive results in a nimble environment
• Experience working with production, media/entertainment or tech a plus
• Relevant security certifications (ex. CPP) a plus
Our compensation structure consists solely of an annual salary; we do not have bonuses. You choose each year how much of your compensation you want in salary versus stock options. To determine your personal top of market compensation, we rely on market indicators and consider your specific job family, background, skills, and experience to determine your compensation in the market range. The range for this role is $100,000 - $350,000.
Netflix provides comprehensive benefits including Health Plans, Mental Health support, a 401(k) Retirement Plan with employer match, Stock Option Program, Disability Programs, Health Savings and Flexible Spending Accounts, Family-forming benefits, and Life and Serious Injury Benefits. We also offer paid leave of absence programs. Full-time hourly employees accrue 35 days annually for paid time off to be used for vacation, holidays, and sick paid time off. Full-time salaried employees are immediately entitled to flexible time off. See more detail about our Benefits here.
Netflix is a unique culture and environment. Learn more here.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d9vmp9-34-239-154-201-42 in your application.