Manager, Production Technology Solutions
Los Angeles, CA
As Netflix continues to grow, we are looking for a Manager to join the Product Strategy, Planning & Analysis team supporting the Dubbing function within Studio Operations. The Dubbing team ensures our customers get best-in-class localized audio content, which is critical to enable Netflix's global growth. The Netflix Dubbing team is responsible for setting localization strategy, managing the fulfillment pipelines, and connecting our growing international audience with amazing content.
Netflix derives a significant competitive advantage from the highly analytical approach it takes to managing all aspects of the business, and this is equally applicable to dubbing strategy and operations. Dubbing and Product leadership relies heavily on SP&A as a key contributor to strategic development, creative and operational excellence, and informing important business decisions with actionable data-driven insights.
In this role, you will need to drive thought leadership and be highly analytical, a strong problem solver, and an effective and influential communicator with cross-functional partners who have different backgrounds, levels, experiences, and native languages. You must thrive in a fast-paced environment, possess a high level of intellectual curiosity, and display strong initiative for meeting the business demands within Dubbing. In addition to curiosity and aptitude, we look for candidates who are excited by the power of languages and technology to connect people, either from a professional or personal perspective. Visit our culture memo and long-term view to learn more about the unique Netflix culture and the opportunity to be part of our team.
This individual contributor role will be based out of either Los Gatos or Los Angeles, California, with periodic travel to the sister California location and globally. In addition, this role requires close cross-functional collaboration with teams such as Data Science & Engineering, Creative Production & Promotion (supports tooling/solutions), Product Innovation, and Globalization.
• Establish a trusted relationship with the Dubbing leaders across the world to partner on development of broader team strategy and prioritization of global initiatives
• Collaborate with Dubbing, Product, and Data Science teams to identify ways to improve dubs for our global members through experimentation and innovation (operational, technical, creative)
• Drive identifying and roadmapping improvement opportunities across operations and vendor management
• Leverage data and analysis to create business cases for specific and incremental investments, including evaluating build vs. buy decisions
• Partner with Product and Engineering to identify, quantify, and prioritize tools/solutions to elevate dubbing operations to the next level
• Partner with Data Science teams to develop global steering metrics and reporting
• Translate data-driven insights into actionable take-aways for cross-functional partners
• Drive creation of deliverables and present findings to senior business partners
• Strong track record of driving comprehensive analyses, stakeholder management, working in cross-functional teams, and communicating recommendations in a clear, structured and concise way
• 6+ years of experience in a highly analytical environment - top management consulting firm, corporate/strategic planning, and/or analytics in an OTT/entertainment/digital media company, or similarly demanding functions in which modeling, strategic analysis, and operational optimization is essential
• Prior experience identifying tooling and operational bets to improve a customer experience, balancing member impact, cost, and operational/technical constraints
• Comfortable working autonomously in a highly aligned, loosely coupled fashion
• Experience and comfort working across multiple cultures with partners who may not speak English natively
• MBA is a plus, not required. Degree in finance, economics, mathematics, statistics or other relevant field that demonstrates quantitative orientation
• Prior work experience in Product Development, Media/Entertainment is a plus
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rjq89w-3-215-177-171-42 in your application.