We are Netflix's Marketing Strategy team
The Marketing Strategy team is a core group within Netflix that guides critical business decisions across the company through financial, operational, and strategic analysis. The team works side-by-side with business leaders across marketing and serves as the key point-of-contact in the areas of business performance and strategic insights. The team is highly visible throughout the organization and in particular to the senior leadership of Netflix who depend heavily on the insights and perspectives from the team to inform important business decisions in the ongoing growth of the business
The Editorial & Publishing (E&P) Marketing Strategy team is looking for an experienced Marketing Strategy Manager to support E&P innovation. This role will be responsible for identifying and assessing new ways to distribute the content developed by the Netflix Editorial & Publishing team, informing the development of new products / initiatives with a test and learn strategy, and identifying and forecasting the resources needed to execute against new initiatives
• Long-Term Strategy Development: Partner closely with the Director of Publishing Innovation on analysis and development of the publishing innovation team roadmap
• Product / Initiative Assessment: Recommends the nature and scope of present and future products / initiatives by reviewing specifications and requirements of new ideas
• Test & Learn Strategy: Partner with the Director of Development and the Data Science and Engineering team on a test and learn strategy for the build of new publishing innovation initiatives, translating testing findings into actionable strategy
• Resource Forecasting: Partner with the E&P Innovation Program Manager to analyze and forecast future demand for resources related to publishing innovation projects
The Ideal Candidate Is/Has...
• 5+ years of experience in a highly-analytical environment (e.g. management consulting firm, strategy and operations, or other roles that require a blend of analytical, operations, and heavy cross-functional interaction) Prior experience in product management a plus, but not required
• A successful candidate will have strong written and verbal communication capabilities with the ability to 1) provide recommendations in a clear and concise way 2) engage stakeholders and drive alignment across teams.
• High comfort level with independently performing comprehensive analyses and managing projects.
• Experience in change management, operations planning, and strategic workforce planning (e.g., activity value analysis, workflow mapping, etc.)
• Proficiency in financial modeling via Excel, experience or strong interest to learn BI tools such as Tableau, and the ability to quickly learn internal tools.
• High tolerance for change, and the capacity to accomplish enormous amounts of work in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
• Respect, understanding and enthusiasm for Netflix culture
• Bachelor's degree and MBA preferred, but not required
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-roo8j3-3-236-117-38-42 in your application.