Netflix is looking for a Manager for our Major Studio Film Licensing team. Based in our Los Angeles office, the Manager will be a key member of the team licensing content from major studios for digital streaming for the global Netflix service. S/he will report to the Director, Major Studios Film Licensing providing critical support in deal negotiation, execution and management.
The ideal candidate has strong critical thinking skills that allow for intense attention to detail as well as the ability to see the big picture. Demonstrated mastery of verbal and written communication skills is also important as s/he will be called upon to lead meetings and give presentations to all levels of the organization as well as negotiate deals and manage external relationships with key partners. The ideal candidate should be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, taking initiative, managing multiple projects with multiple partners, and working under tight timeframes. S/he is also a motivated, self-starter and strategic thinker with a keen interest in and aptitude for learning the business.
Key responsibilities include:
• Participate in all aspects of end-to-end deal negotiation (financial analysis and forecasting, contract drafting, security requirements, amendments)
• Represent acquisitions team interests with cross-functional teams across the company (operations, legal, finance, business intelligence/reporting, marketing) on a regular basis and as needed on a project basis
• Manage and evaluate external accounts through performance tracking and relationship cultivation in an effort to grow each account's business
• Develop market expertise through continuous focus on and knowledge of the competitive and market environment
• Communicate market trends and industry shifts, including implications for programming strategy and the overall business
Education & Work Experience:
• BA/BS required, MBA preferred
• At least 7 years of work experience with at least 2 in negotiation and/or sales
• Prior television, studio, or media experience required
• Must have a love of movies and television and knowledge of domestic and international studio landscape
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d91njm-18-232-179-37-42 in your application.