Netflix is looking for a Manager to spearhead publicity campaigns for our Kids and Family Animation Team; this role will have a focus on kids series. We need someone who is passionate about this content, understands the audience and how to reach them, and has a proven track record working first hand on the development and execution of high-profile campaigns and brand building/franchise development. We are looking for someone that is truly innovative and can conceptualize and actualize creative ideas that will make an imprint on the cultural zeitgeist and drive conversation in the media and on social platforms.
This is a great opportunity to join a team and work on kids and family content that comes from the industry's very best creators and talent - with stories that reach a global audience.
The Manager, Kids Animation Publicity will play a key role in strategizing, executing and managing publicity campaigns for kids content (predominantly series) and the talent behind them. They are a member of a seasoned group of professionals and can be based in the Los Angeles or New York City offices.
- The Manager, Kids Animation Publicity will work across several different disciplines that are bringing original animated kids content to life here at Netflix. We are looking for a team member who is able to formulate and drive creative and executable ideas, communicate priorities, and present clear goals to stakeholders. The ideal candidate is not just a publicist, but a Netflix publicist, representing and understanding our brand. They must have a solid business acumen and a strong work ethic. This leader will:
- Understand the kids and family space.
- Be intellectually curious about entertainment, animation and technology, and relate that knowledge to their campaigns.
- Think strategically and run with campaigns or new ideas that haven't yet been achieved or previously attempted (and have fun with it).
- Be a bold risk taker, not afraid to challenge prevailing assumptions when warranted, and suggest better approaches.
- Be candid and direct, even when that approach might be controversial.
- Thrive in an environment of freedom and responsibility, where they are able to take initiative and use sound judgement to independently make wise decisions
- They are scrappy, unafraid to jump in and handle tasks at all levels. The role will report to the Director of Kids & Family Animation Publicity.
• The ideal candidate is a strong leader familiar with the Netflix culture memo and is eager to work among like-minded colleagues and embrace the company's philosophies: They have a point of view and are willing to express and support that.
• A Kids & Family entertainment expert with 7-10+ years of experience designing campaigns for multiple earned channels (traditional press, digital/social press, influencers, etc.)
• Experience working in kids and family a must, animation is a plus.
• Strong media relations expertise across US consumer and trade press as well as worldwide animation press with contacts in the Kids, Family & Parenting entertainment sections.
• Someone with a collaborative nature who can work closely with cross functional partners to build creative, strong and innovative campaigns.
• Experience running campaigns to ensure a high degree of collaborating with multiple internal and external publicity teams.
• Experience working closely on Consumer Products campaigns to support titles a plus.
• Experience working with teams around the world, ideally working in deep partnership on campaigns and narratives for multiple markets around the world.
Netflix offers an attractive compensation package consisting of base salary, stock options, 401K (with match), comprehensive benefits and relocation.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-re84b8-18-204-227-34-42 in your application.