Netflix is revolutionizing entertainment. We connect people with movies and television globally by delivering outstanding content and technological innovation.
This is your chance to be at the forefront of Netflix's new offering of Video Games. We will bring these new experiences to market through the world's leading streaming entertainment app with 221 million paid memberships in over 190 countries who are already enjoying TV series, documentaries, and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages.
Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, and now they can download and play mobile games anytime, anywhere with a collection of Netflix curated and produced Games. At Netflix, we have an insatiable need to continually improve our product experience and the creative elements that support it and this team sits at the forefront of the effort.
Visit our culture memo and long-term view to learn more about the unique Netflix culture and the opportunity to be part of our team.
What We Expect
To support these efforts, we are seeking a highly effective finance leader to be a trusted business partner to the Gaming team. This position will play a key role in working with senior business leaders in defining and managing both the short-term and long-term vision of this business. This individual should be self-motivated, have a strong passion for financial planning, and thrive in a fast-paced, high-volume, high-impact environment.
This role will sit in our Los Angeles offices and report to the Director, Gaming Strategy, Planning & Analysis.
• Work with cross-functional teams to build the foundational financial framework for the Gaming team
• Performing financial scenario analysis to support senior management's strategic decision-making
• Developing insightful presentations that summarize this data and facilitate decision-making for senior Netflix management
• Supporting near-term and long-term P&L forecasts
• Drive automation efforts toward dynamic financial planning tools
• Candidates are required to be highly analytical and strong, effective communicators
• The successful candidate must display initiative in anticipating and exceeding the business demands of senior-level business managers. This person must thrive in a fast-paced environment and exhibit the highest personal and professional standards of integrity and ethics
• Netflix is fast-growing with a flat organizational structure, which means that employees are often asked to perform tasks with a range of difficulties. Candidate must be motivated, disciplined, and able to work effectively autonomously
• 10+ years of experience in financial planning & analysis in gaming/entertainment industry, management consulting, investment banking, or Big 4 accounting is preferred
• Extensive experience conducting quantitative and qualitative financial analysis
• Experience in F2P games is a plus
• Ideal candidates will have a proven track record of superior financial and strategic analysis and developing/delivering recommendations based on this analysis
• Superior proficiency with Excel & complex financial modeling
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Sound working knowledge of the related accounting guidance preferred
• Bachelor's degree with an emphasis on coursework of a quantitative nature, preferably Business, Economics, or Mathematics
• Experience in gaming is strongly preferred
• MBA with a concentration in finance or equivalent preferred
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d9e60z-18-208-187-128-42 in your application.