The Editorial & Publishing team at Netflix is on the pulse of conversation among our consumers - not just listening, but participating in and starting thoughtful, hilarious, exciting discussions with fans. Though part of the larger marketing organization, the Editorial & Publishing team's work is unique in that we express a firm perspective on content and culture in the way a traditional media outlet would. With 15 audiences and growing, our robust offering of distribution spans across owned and managed platforms around the world. In order to drive our mission of connecting directly with fans, the operational components of our organization are the foundation of the Editorial & Publishing team's success.
What is Geeked?
Geeked is the home of Netfllix's genre content. Started in 2018 as NX, the platform was built to celebrate our sci-fi, fantasy, superhero, horror and anime titles and the fandoms that make them so special. In April 2021, NX rebranded to Netflix Geeked and followed with the inaugural Geeked Week, a massive virtual fan event reaching millions of geeks around the world. Our mission is to continue to grow Geeked as a true vehicle for our genre slate, and a space for the next generation of geeks, bringing our incredible worlds and fandoms together.
In this role, we're looking for an Editorial Manager to be a core member of Team Geeked, to take big risks, and to be a key driver of growing and scaling the brand. This hire will primarily be responsible for helping to usher in the next stage of great editorial coverage for Geeked. This will include partnering with relevant Marketing, Content, Publicity/Comms and Policy teams to develop and create editorial coverage and storytelling of the Netflix brand, titles and talent in a way that increases the connection with the Genre audience. You'll also be responsible for growing and developing platform and brand level strategies to continue to increase the size, influence and scale of Geeked.
• Develop and maintain an editorial tone and perspective for the Geeked handles that matches the needs of fantasy, sci-fi and broader genre fans
• Create and advance long-term strategy to move the Geeked voice into new platforms and spaces
• Meet ambitious growth goals without compromising creative integrity
• Manage a team of freelance writers, video producers, agencies and production companies
• Build relationships within and outside Netflix to increase the access and credibility of the Geeked brand
• Advocate for the Geeked audience by working cross-functionally with publicity, media buying, creative marketing, and content team to create a regular cadence of high-impact moments
• Build and manage budgets
• Keep your finger on the pulse of culture across different platforms and audiences, and find ways for us to participate in relevant conversations
• Regularly interact with and get buy-in from creators, talent, and press to build understanding and trust of Geeked and the overall editorial initiative at Netflix
Background & Specific Skills:
• 8+ years experience in entertainment media (marketing or editorial)
• A strong presenter; confident and collected
• Familiarity with video production and creating high-performance assets for social, and a willingness to learn these skills fast if needed
• Thorough understanding of the social media landscape including Instagram, Reddit, Twitter, Twitch, and Tik Tok
• Hands-on experience building and managing fan communities
• Meaningful experience working directly with talent and talent representation, in meetings and on shoots/sets. You'll be presenting our marketing plans to show-runners, producers, talent, and executives.
• Any applicant for this position should read and take seriously the Netflix culture
• High tolerance for change, and the capacity to accomplish enormous amounts in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
• Deep understanding of how cultural trends form, and the ability to anticipate and act on them
• You're not daunted by problems, but inspired by them. Able to break down an issue into components that can be addressed tactically.
• Be a risk-taker with strong instincts that back up a willingness to do what no other brand would
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gx79kq-3-236-68-118-42 in your application.