Director Of Localization Program Management
Los Angeles, CA
The Globalization team is responsible for translation and cultural adaptation of most Netflix creations, from beautiful user interfaces to cinematic original programming. We treat each country we enter differently, since it is not just about translation, it is about providing our audience with an experience that feels local, and we do it at scale.
Netflix is a global product and our Globalization team needs to scale to support that. We are currently looking for a Localization Project Manager to help bring the Netflix experience to international markets.
As a Localization Project Manager, you work with one or more Localization Program Managers for our different product components or content verticals. You are responsible for all elements of the localization workflow from request creation to job completion.
A successful candidate is a highly motivated individual who works comfortably and autonomously in a fast-paced environment. You have a demonstrated ability to manage priorities and projects and the right mix of organizational and communication skills.
• Plan for and manage localization projects and requirements across internal teams and external vendors
• Work cross-functionally with Netflix stakeholders to identify and remove critical project blockers
• Oversee end-to-end localization workflow using internal translation management tools and systems
• Identify and manage project risk through prioritization, proactive planning, issue management, and more
• Identify gaps and inefficiencies in workflows and tooling, collaborate with team members and cross-functional partners to implement both short and long-term solutions
• Oversee the localization budget for your projects through gathering data on the cost, timeliness and quality of your projects
• Lead project kickoffs & other pertinent operational meetings with internal cross-functional teams and external vendors as needed
• Provide guidance to vendor coordinators and freelance linguists
• Evangelize Globalization to cross-functional partners and stakeholders
• Lead and/or participate in both vertical and vertical agnostic innovation and optimization initiatives
• Document best practices and helpful guidelines for internal and external partners as needed
• Extensive prior end-to-end localization project management experience, with at least 3 years in lead or senior role working on localizing top tier creative content for multiple languages, regions and markets
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, experience interfacing with creative executives and other cross-functional leads a plus
• Ability to work with and influence executive-level stakeholders and creatives
• Working knowledge of industry standard localization tools and SLAs
• Strong analytical problem-solving skills
• Ability to think critically and work autonomously
• Bias to action, proactive & innovative by nature
• Strong attention to detail
• Experience managing several projects at once and with tight deadlines
• Excellent time management skills
• Experience working in both vendor and client roles a plus
• Bachelor's, or Master's degree, in Localization, Language Studies, or International Studies a plus
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3vy0x-3-238-173-209-42 in your application.