Editorial Manager, Product Writing
Los Gatos, CA
Come join the team responsible for localization at Netflix! We are a passionate team dedicated to bringing the Netflix experience to international markets. We are looking for a highly motivated localization program manager who is excited to ensure that the Netflix experience is equally enjoyable in other countries as it is in the US.
In this role, you will work with Product, Design, Engineering, different functions within Globalization, and other cross functional teams. You will develop and manage the localization strategy & roadmap, schedules, budget and quality for your component and guarantee the successful launch of the Netflix experience and content internationally.
The environment is fast-paced, requiring the ability to work autonomously with minimal supervision and manage aggressive deadlines. You will need to demonstrate excellent problem-solving skills and ability to work through ambiguity comfortably and effectively. The right mix of organizational and communication skills is key to success. Attention to detail and a proven ability to manage priorities are also essential.
You will use your experience & education in:
• Defining the best localization strategy that guarantees the most effective and efficient launch of Netflix experience in all languages.
• Fostering relationships and partnering with key stakeholders to develop localization strategy and roadmap for your area
• Driving Language and feature launches & their prioritization and appropriate tactics, or the analysis of large scale innovation projects
• Gathering, analyzing & reporting on the data; looking for opportunities to optimize on workflows, inefficiencies or customer issues that have been reported
• Establishing and ensuring high quality localization standards, while overseeing the program for your component end to end, from Innovation to QC needs
• Evangelizing Globalization to all cross functional stakeholders
• AB Test analysis, influence & Globalization participation that drives international acquisitions & viewership
• Bachelors or Masters degree in Languages, Localization, International studies, Business management, technology management, Communication studies or equivalent experience is applicable
• 10-15+ years experience in localization program management working on language launches, global software launches, creative content and/or subtitle localization
• 10+ years of production or program management at senior levels
• Ability to lead large scale technical, and cross functional programs to delivery
• Solid in-depth knowledge of internationalization and localization is a plus
• Working knowledge of industry standard localization tools
• Fluency in a non-English language is a plus