Come join the team responsible for localization at Netflix! We work to empower diverse titles from anywhere to be accessed and loved everywhere through scalable, high-quality localization. We are looking for a highly motivated content localization lead who is excited to ensure the Netflix experience and the creative intent of our filmmakers can travel and be accessed around the world.
In this role, you will work cross functionally with Content, Marketing, Post Production, Operations, Product, Analytics, Design, and Engineering. You will own the localization strategy & roadmap for your vertical and be accountable for localization excellence for Netflix content internationally. You will use a strong analytical sense to evaluate ideas and dissect problems. You will build confidence across disciplines, speak multiple professional languages, and translate needs into opportunities.
The environment is fast-paced, requiring the ability to work autonomously with minimal supervision and manage aggressive deadlines. You will need to demonstrate excellent problem-solving skills. The right mix of organizational and communication skills is key to success. Attention to detail and a proven ability to manage priorities are also essential.
This role is both strategic and operational and does not have any direct reports.
• Own your vertical, defining the best localization strategy that guarantees the most effective and efficient launch of Netflix content locally, regionally, and globally
• Foster relationships and partner with key stakeholders to define the cross-functional strategy for your vertical
• Engage with Netflix content and marketing executives, and at times directly with showrunners and other creatives, to define and execute member and creator delighting localization strategies that push the industry forward
• Gather, analyze & report on the data for your vertical; looking for opportunities to learn, innovate, and optimally use your resources
• Establish and ensure high-quality localization standards, while overseeing the program for your vertical end to end, from Innovation to specific quality needs
• Evangelize Globalization to all cross-functional stakeholders, and represent your vertical/region to your colleagues in Globalization and Creative Production
• Innovate through AB Test proposals and analysis
• Matrix management of colleagues to deliver localization excellence for your vertical, in particular, project management for your high touch titles
• Deep partnership with colleagues executing title project management and vendor engagement at scale to continuously improve our quality while operating with increasing efficiency
Ideally, you'll have these skills
• Demonstrated tenacity, resilience, and leadership experience that enables you to organize and lead projects and programs, overcome challenges, and propose solutions. We seek a highly motivated self-starter with a track record of driving impact in ambiguous environments.
• Bachelors or Masters degree in Languages, Localization, International studies, Business management, technology management, Communication studies, or equivalent experience is desired
• 10+ years of production or program management at senior levels, with a strong preference for experience as a part of global teams
• Ability to lead large scale complex, cross-functional programs to delivery, preferably in an online content environment
• 10 - 15+ years experience in program management for language launches, global software launches, creative content, marketing, and/or subtitle localization
• In-depth knowledge of localization is a plus
• Working knowledge of industry-standard localization tools a plus
• Curiosity for language, culture, nuance, and the desire to continually build empathy
• Fluency in a non-English language is a plus
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d91797-18-204-48-64-42 in your application.