Legal Coordinator (Procurement, Marketing, General Transaction Support)
With more than 208 million paid subscribers around the world and growing, Netflix is dedicated to bringing the world's content to our members everywhere. We're just getting started, and it's an exciting time to work at Netflix and change the future of entertainment.
We are looking for a talented legal professional to join our Core Legal team in Singapore as a Legal Coordinator. APAC is one of our fastest growing regions, and in this role you will be instrumental in helping our team deliver fast and practical solutions for a wide range of legal issues, with primary focus on procurement, marketing and promotions, and general transactional support. On any given day of the week, you will draft and negotiate commercial agreements and other legal documentation; prepare and provide practical legal guidance for our business teams; engage in general transaction support; help to manage and evolve our templates, knowledge base, and document repositories; and help conduct legal research and due diligence.
All of these elements require extensive communication and collaboration with both internal and external stakeholders around the world, making effective cross-cultural communication essential, together with a positive, pragmatic, and collaborative approach to solving problems. We move quickly at Netflix and you must be comfortable making quick and well-reasoned pragmatic decisions in ambiguous situations. You must have a growth mindset that is curious, embraces change, and relishes new challenges. Most importantly, you should be excited and inspired by the Netflix culture.
The successful candidate will have:
• 5+ years of relevant experience in a paralegal, contracts manager or contract negotiator role either in-house or at a law firm; or if legally qualified in at least one jurisdiction, 3+ years of relevant experience as a practicing lawyer either in-house or at a law firm
• In-house experience at a video entertainment company (production or distribution) is preferred
• Experience in one or more of the following areas: procurement; commercial contracts; entertainment law; marketing and advertising advisory; technology licensing; intellectual property; contract administration
• Proficiency in drafting, reviewing and negotiating English language legal contracts
• Fluency in English required; fluency in at least one other Asian language will be considered favorably but not strictly required
• High degree of comfort with new technologies and digital tools and an innovator's mindset
• Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills
• Ability to work proactively, independently, and reliably under pressure
• Flexibility to work across different time zones
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-roo4n1-35-170-64-36-42 in your application.