With more than 204 million memberships in over 190 countries, it is an exciting time to work at Netflix. We have brought Netflix to virtually all countries around the globe and we are excited to bring even more of our local and regional programming to our viewers everywhere.
We are currently looking for an experienced Legal Associate to join our Singapore-based Business and Legal Affairs team, to help support our growing content acquisition efforts in South East Asia and Australia/New Zealand.
Reporting to the Director of Business & Legal Affairs for SEA and ANZ, the successful candidate will have prior legal and/or specific-contract management experience in a business or legal affairs setting. S/he will be highly-organized, self-motivated, quick-thinking, flexible, and be able to juggle multiple responsibilities on a large portfolio of content deals with an unwavering attention to detail. They will also be excited and inspired by Netflix culture. This is a demanding and fast-paced role that requires curiosity and significant initiative.
This position will be based in Singapore with periodic travel, including to Netflix's office in Hollywood.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Contract preparation and preparation of legal agreements specific to the business needs (including license agreements/amendments and production agreements), under the supervision of the Director of Business & Legal Affairs and other members of the Business & Legal Affairs team.
• Contract administration, including contract execution, filing and database management
• Coordinating collection and dissemination of a large of volume of contracts on series and film productions
• Creating, updating and tracking spreadsheets with deal terms, options, and credits
• Managing, maintaining, and updating templates and forms as well as various dashboards and document management systems
• Conducting legal and territory-specific research, and maintaining a legal knowledge database
• Working cross functionally to maintain alignment on projects and facilitate communication between departments and cross functional partners working on our licensed and produced content
• Increasing team operational efficiency
• Interact and communicate with external partners
The successful candidate will have:
• Approximately 5 years of legal and/or contract management experience at a global company; experience in a media or entertainment company is preferred
• BA/BS degree; legal qualification or paralegal certificate highly preferred
• High level of organization, detail orientation and ability to time-manage across multiple deadlines in a very fast-paced environment
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to effectively coordinate between cross-functional teams
• Ability to think practically and be solution-oriented
• Ability to respond positively to change and be respective of new ideas with willingness to tackle matters outside area of expertise
• Ability to embrace and advocate for cultural diversity
• Proficiency with Google Suite
• Fluency in English required; ability to speak Thai and/or Bahasa Indonesian would be a plus.