The Lead Product Manager owns player engagement, retention, and lifetime value for one or more of the games in Boss Fight's portfolio. The Lead PM will play a key role in defining product strategy, KPI goals, and success criteria for live operations and feature development on the game(s). The role will be responsible for setting reporting standards and leveraging data to deliver actionable insights that will shape the direction and roadmap for the game(s) under their purview. The Lead PM will manage and coach other PMs, and collaborate across multi-disciplinary teams including production, design, art, engineering, marketing, and with external partners.
• Product Strategy
• Partner closely with the General Manager to define an overall vision for the product and to create a clear product roadmap of prioritized features and initiatives that work toward that broader vision
• Monitor game performance and guide the PM team to define and drive KPIs and targets for products and features
• Implement effective review cycles of the state of our games that carefully consider internal and external feedback as well as key product metrics to continually improve the product
• Drive user and competitive research to identify user segments, highlight player needs and product value propositions to maximize player engagement, retention, and LTV
• Define and implement metrics and tracking tools for the product and use the data to inform game design and drive decisions for optimization and future feature development
• Partner with analytics to establish experimentation road map, using A/B testing to meet goals and create product and player insight. Translate outcomes into actionable recommendations
• Leverage live ops tools, analytics, A/B testing, and other tools to optimize player experience and drive business objectives
• Identify opportunities to maximize player experience and performance
• Manage, mentor, and motivate other Product Managers in a way that encourages autonomy, mastery, and purpose
• Lead and inspire team members to find a resolution for complex problems
• Develop successful relationships across the studio and with external partners to deliver meaningful business outcomes
Skills and Abilities
• Strong business & creative capabilities. You can connect detailed player behavior and financial outcomes
• Ability to perform research analytics at industry, genre, and game level to shape products
• Able to manage multiple, and competing tasks and be self-directed in a quickly evolving environment and meet deadlines with limited direction
• Excellent attention to detail and strong desire to iterate and improve on processes
• Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
• Ability to coach, manage, mitigate, and prioritize through stressful situations for you and your team
• Excellent written and verbal communication. Comfortable interacting and presenting to all levels of the company, especially key stakeholders, and publishers
• Exceptional mentoring and supervisory skills and abilities
• Self-motivated team player able to work in a team environment with maturity and leadership
Education and Experience
• 8+ years of experience in product management, games systems design, or data analytics in games as a service (mobile, PC, or console)
• 3+ years of experience managing direct reports
• Strong experience in quantitative analysis, including the ability to model game parameters using Excel, SQL, and business intelligence tools such as Tableau
• Experience with A/B and multivariate testing
• Understanding and experience with a wide range of business models including, but not limited to, free-to-play and subscriptions business models
• Bachelor's degree in math, finance, statistics, economics or related field preferred
• MBA a plus
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
At Netflix, we carefully consider a wide range of compensation factors to determine your personal top of market. We rely on market indicators to determine compensation and consider your specific job, skills, and experience to get it right. These considerations can cause your compensation to vary and will also be dependent on your location.
The overall market range for roles in this area of Netflix is typically between $100,000- 500,000 USD
This market range is based on total compensation (vs. only base salary), which is in line with our compensation philosophy. Netflix is a unique culture and environment. Learn more here.
We are an equal opportunity employer and celebrate diversity, recognizing that diversity of thought and background builds stronger teams. We approach diversity and inclusion seriously and thoughtfully. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, ancestry, national origin, caste, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic makeup, marital status, or military service.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gqe51z-3-214-184-223-42 in your application.