We're looking for a veteran and highly-skilled Lead Gameplay Designer to help us build a brand-new, AAA, multi-platform game.
The Lead Game Designer will partner closely with the Design Director and Creative Director to rapidly prototype and execute on an original game vision in a new IP. This person will also help build, hire, and manage a small team of designers.
The ideal candidate has a keen analytical mind and can not just arrive at the correct answer, but explain how they got there. They are able to lead with the ''why,'' and can clearly articulate their ideas verbally, visually, and in writing. They will have a strong technical background and be ready and willing to get their hands in the tools and lead by example. They are able to mentor other designers and elevate their design craft.
We're building the foundation of a small but ambitious team of creators. We care deeply about the experiences we create and, more importantly, with whom we're creating them. Here at Netflix, we value integrity, excellence, respect, inclusion, and collaboration.
Now is an amazing time to join Netflix as we seek to entertain the world. We have over 200 million paid members in over 190 countries, and we won't stop there.
• The proper execution of gameplay features by other designers
• Implement robust, maintainable content and features in Unreal/Blueprint
• Write design specs, vet them with stakeholders, and make smart adjustments
• Manage an effective testing and check-in review process
• Provide mentorship to more junior designers and elevate their craft
• Run regular playtests, gather useful feedback, and translate that feedback into action
• Assist in the hiring and management of other designers
• 5+ years of experience in a lead-design role
• Experience shipping AAA multiplayer games
• Excellent communication, collaboration, and leadership skills
• Passion for playing, incubating, building, and shipping video games
• Knowledge of Unreal Engine and Blueprints
• Programming experience in C++
• Experience with level design for multiplayer games
• Understanding of AI behavior trees
The overall market range for roles in this area of Netflix is typically $100,000 - $500,000.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rby066-44-197-101-251-42 in your application.