With this international expansion and a move into Korean originals, it's a great time to join Netflix.
We are looking to hire a creative self-starter who loves, lives and breathes K-Content, to bring stories from Korea to the Asia Pacific region and beyond. You will have a deep understanding of how to develop strategic publicity campaigns, the ability to work well with anyone, anywhere, and be excited by creative single/multiple title storytelling, and innovative campaigns that spark impactful conversations about K-Content.
Reporting to the PR Director for Korea, the role requires excellent cross-functional relationships, and the ability to build and maintain strong rapport with internal and external stakeholders -- working as a key partner to APAC Country and Regional Publicists, Photo and A/V Studio, Marketing/IP, Content, Editorial and Publishing, Awards, and other groups to infuse K-Content stories into their efforts.
- Set the regional title and multi-title publicity strategy for Korean content based on content and country context for campaigns that tie our titles and talent to our brand
- Serve as an expert on this wonderful content vertical - in particular being able to convey its specific needs and nuances within Netflix
Ex-Korea Title Publicity
- Be a strong advocate for the Korean content slate in regional and global internal discussions on title and talent strategy
- Partner with country publicists to identify prioritized Korean content for promotion and develop both single and multi-title stories to execute locally
- Develop useful and impactful press materials in support of the campaign for media use beyond Korea
Content Partner & Talent Relations
- Partner with key content and cross-functional stakeholders to align on prioritization of Korean titles that will travel beyond Korea
- Act as the main point of contact of Korean showrunner/filmmaker, production partners, and talent reps to discuss the regional publicity strategy for the title -- also working with requests and approvals for campaigns assets including photography, glam, interviews, BTS, clips, and other AV materials
- Act as the informed captain on all publicity requests for talent tours, virtual junkets, bespoke requests (e.g.talent phone interviews), In-Market Talent/Showrunner APAC Press Activity (in partnership with Events Team)
• Have at least 8 years of experience in PR/marketing within the entertainment industry
• Understand Korea's entertainment landscape and stakeholders (studios, production partners, talent reps, etc)
• Love entertainment and be excited to deliver stories that showcase K-Content to people all over the world
• Have a strong network of relationships with showrunners and partners
• Be an all-rounder with an ability to work cross-functionally and build relationships inside and outside the organization across different time zones
• Be a self-starter who comes up with new approaches and is eager to try those out new/innovative campaigns
• Has a strong bias-to-action and can change course, be scrappy and get things done on short timeframes
• Fluency in Korean is a must, business proficiency in English is an advantage
To succeed at Netflix, the candidate must also possess the following characteristics:
• An entrepreneurial mindset, given the pace at which we operate;
• A willingness to think from first principles, challenge established wisdom and work well cross-functionally;
• A love of trying new things-- innovation drives growth;
• Ability to prioritize is essential, along with right-sizing and scaling priorities;
• Effective communicator and writer (we love debates and memos)
• Flourishes in a 'hands-on' role, adding value at different levels. Is strong in detail and highly organized.
• Willingness to roll-up your sleeves and get work done alongside your partners;
• The confidence and skills to both effectively communicate and foster strong relationships with people at all levels internally and externally.
The Netflix culture attracts talents who exhibit good judgment, innovation, selflessness, courage, impact, candid communication, passion, and curiosity. Read our culture memo (available in Korean). If it resonates with you, maybe you're the right person to join our team.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gx3y24-3-238-98-214-42 in your application.