Los Angeles, CA
Netflix is driving new industry standards in promotion of new technologies such as immersive sound, HDR, and groundbreaking emissive displays. As the creative work on Netflix Originals evolves to engage with these new standards, the demand to review content in an immersive, controlled, technically accurate, and creatively engaging environment grows.
The Screening Operations Team facilitates a variety of screenings and reviews in Netflix's in-house facilities while providing exceptional service to Netflix's Content Creative teams and the filmmakers working on Netflix Original shows. The number of exhibition facilities that the team maintains and operates is increasing at a rapid pace with multiple new rooms coming online in the Los Angeles campus and around the world. The team is committed to cultivating a creative environment, fostering filmmaker joy, and preserving artistic intent throughout the exhibition process.
We are looking for a Screening Technician that specializes in critical picture and color reviews, to join our team.
As Part of the Screening Operations Team, You Will:
• Provide excellent client support in screening and review rooms, facilitating and operating creative, technical and VFX reviews for our filmmakers and creative executives
• Focus on facilitating creative and technical picture reviews in SDR/HDR/ DolbyVision
• Initiate live remote-review sessions and coordinate set up with external post-production facilities
• Perform routine color calibration and maintenance procedures, achieving the highest level of confidence in the space to ensure correct playback experience
• Liaise with the internal post production groups and outside vendors to assist with content delivery and management
• Create user documentation for various exhibition room types and reference-level viewing environments
• Devise and perform wiring, patching and software configuration modifications to equipment as required by the color pipeline of each show
• Collaborate with internal partners and 3rd party vendors on commissioning and deploying new exhibition facilities and upgrading and refreshing existing spaces
• Perform triage on technology issues that arise so that appropriate maintenance and support teams can be brought in to consult when needed
• Validate asset integrity where applicable on incoming media and screening material
• Monitor and provide feedback on screening room equipment and screening room status
• You are experienced in the field of picture and color post production and understand current motion picture best practices and tools.
• You have critical eyes and an ability to assess the quality of a screening asset and environment.
• You can quickly and accurately identify faults and successfully troubleshoot in real time.
• You have interacted with a variety of filmmakers and provided excellent service and support to facilitate a creative process. You understand their goals and expectations.
• You're comfortable interacting with post production, mastering, DI, and coloring professionals and are able to easily explain technical concepts to non-technical audiences.
• You are highly organized, efficient, detail-oriented, and solution-oriented, capable of meticulous preparation to ensure a smooth viewer experience
• You are committed to team-work and strive to cultivate collaborative relationships with your colleagues.
• You are capable of learning new tools, and tricks of the trade to provide support at the cutting edge of technology.
• Experience working in a post-production, production, or studio environment in a client-facing role.
• Advanced expertise working with production and post production software such as DaVinci Resolve or Colorfront Transkoder.
• Proficiency with Baselight, Shotgun, Clipster, and Avid Media Composer is a plus.
• Knowledge of digital file formats, preferably including experience with IMF and Dolby Vision.
• Experience with calibration procedures for consumer displays, and mastering monitors or willingness to learn.
• Operator-level knowledge of video and audio signal routing, professional display operation, storage management, data management, and file/asset delivery.
• Understanding of display standards, color gamuts, gamma, ACES, color transforms and other creative imaging concepts.
• Capable of performing sound/picture level transformations in order to ensure content is playable utilizing command line based software such as FFMPEG.