Netflix is looking for an experienced Head of QA to join us in delivering the next generation of video games for a worldwide audience. This role is part of the founding team of leaders who will drive the development of new games on our platform. In this role, you will lead the QA efforts across a large portfolio of games from internal and external development teams, setting standards of quality in feature development, automation, live operations testing and device compatibility & compliance. You will work closely with the Game Development teams, Studio Management, Publishing, Platform Engineering and more across the Netflix organization to deliver high quality games.
The role will build and lead a team of FQA, Live Ops QA and Device Compatibility analysts as well as build partnerships with external testing services.
• Build infrastructure and process to support Studios in multiple locations, serving all aspects of game testing needs - game team embedded FQA, Live Ops QA for live service games, Device Compatibility and Compliance testing for every release; Tools and automation development
• Source and build a scalable, productive partnership with outsourced testing services to enable on-demand support
• Partner with the Development Leadership to establish a best-in-class testing process that is adaptable to the unique needs of each game throughout its development and operations lifecycle
• Hire and nurture a strong team of QA analysts who will serve as partners to the Development teams
• Partner with the Engineering teams across the Netflix organization to establish optimal structure and process for testing across games and platform
• Significant experience in QA management in the games industry across multiple platforms (PC/Console/Mobile), genres and live service games
• Experience managing and growing a QA team across multiple functions, projects and locations
• Ability to balance hands-on work at the 'start up' stage and driving big picture strategy and planning to support a scaling business
• Experience working on a diverse portfolio of products at all stages of development and live service, identifying risks and issues, mitigating and resolving them
• Demonstrated experience working with external testing services, managing the end to end process of RFP reviews, contract negotiations and building the structure to support varied and scaling needs
• Ability to build strong partnerships across the organization, from Development, Platform to Publishing
• Ability to improve product development pipelines and workflows through strategic integration of QA resources
• Technical expertise to tackle issues in partnership with Development teams, articulating the issue to diverse stakeholders for expedient resolution
Location: SF Bay Area or Los Angeles
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rvkpmn-3-227-235-216-42 in your application.