Dubbing Production Supervisor
The Globalization team, an organization within Creative Production, is responsible for translation and cultural adaptation of most things Netflix creates, from beautiful user interfaces to cinematic original programming. We treat each country we enter differently, since it is not just about translation, it is about providing our audience with an experience that feels local, and we do it at scale.
We are looking for an Head of Localization - Language Management to lead our growing localization efforts in APAC and the regional language managers for APAC. As the Head of Localization, you will lead a team of managers who are responsible for the quality, authenticity, and cultural adaptation of Netflix experience in different APAC languages. You will work across large and diverse teams to drive the overall strategy and execution of the APAC language management team, resulting in a great member experience through excellent content, marketing, and product localization for this region. Additionally, you will provide support to all the globalization team members in APAC regardless of their specific function. This role is based in Singapore.
• Provide leadership and mentorship for the Language Manager teams in APAC. Hire and retain top talent for the organization.
• Create a strategy for the APAC Language Management team to ensure the prioritization of efforts and focus of resources to deliver against overall business objectives.
• Provide thought leadership by identifying areas for growth and improvement to quality and scale the business.
• Advocate on behalf of the Localization team, building partnerships with key regional organizations including Content, Marketing, Business Development, PR, and other cross-functional teams.
• Be a great partner to other functions within the Globalization and Creative Production teams
• Work with cross-functional teams throughout Netflix to advocate for our global members, generate insights, initiate programs, and drive international experience and localization decisions for the APAC region.
• Represent Netflix at company and industry events in the region.
• 10 years of people and organizational management in a global enterprise environment. Background in the entertainment industry is a plus.
• 10+ years of localization, internationalization, international product development, or international business management experience.
• Ability to work effectively cross-functionally; demonstrated leadership, influencing, and execution skills at the executive level.
• Demonstrated success in business analysis and strategic planning. Ability to make data and insights accessible to a non-expert audience.
• Proven effectiveness at delivering impactful presentations at the executive level; great interpersonal and communication skills.
• Regional expertise and fluency in more than one language is required.