Product Support Operations Manager, Games
Los Gatos, CA
Netflix is looking for an experienced Head of Development Operations to join us in delivering the next generation of video games for a worldwide audience. This role is part of the founding team of leaders who will drive the development of new games on our platform. They will be responsible for partnering with internal and external development studios across the globe along with various internal partners to enable the timely delivery and success of our games. This will include not only supporting development up to game release, but also ongoing creation of engaging content and management of the entire lifecycle of the product.
The role will lead a team of program managers to drive operational process and optimization for a rapidly scaling product portfolio. They will engage with a broad array of Netflix cross-functional partner organizations across a wide span of functions and responsibilities to get games on the platform. This includes Platform & Product org, game ingestion, marketing/creative production, PR, and more.
• Establish the Development Operations infrastructure and process for a rapidly growing product portfolio of 1st, 2nd, and 3rd party games
• Evolve the Game Development Framework (GDF) and Launch Readiness process for our business
• Create an environment and infrastructure for development success, providing thought leadership and optimizing learnings across studios and the broader Netflix Games business
• Build strong, productive relationships with the studios and partners across the Netflix Games business, establishing an effective process to manage a large product portfolio in various stages of development
• Hire and lead Program Management to track and review development progress and product health across multiple games in various stages of life; develop tools to enable information flow across the organization on status, key dates, and requests for support
• Identify potential issues in the development cycle, partner with the studio leaders to narrow down solutions and support an expedient resolution
• Provide central evaluation and management of third-party services that benefit our studios
• Significant experience in Project/Program Management for software development
• Experience managing and growing development teams in the video game industry
• Experienced with games across various genres from casual to core, shipped both one-time launch and live service products
• Demonstrated experience managing projects through the development lifecycle from business case/pre-production to launch/post-launch management, particularly AAA games on the mobile platform; successfully launching games on multiple platforms including console and PC.
• Experience working on multiple projects simultaneously, preferably a mix of R&D and live
• Expert knowledge of all aspects of game development, ability to anticipate issues and mitigate them with creative solutions
• Experience building partnerships with seasoned development leaders, both internal and external
Location: SF Bay Area or Los Angeles
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gxnv01-3-227-235-216-42 in your application.