Los Gatos, CA
Director, Corporate Financial, Planning & Analysis (FP&A)
The Corporate Strategy, Planning & Analysis group is looking for a Director of Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) to support analysis, forecasting and planning for people-related areas (i.e. employee headcount growth and associated expenses).
This role is based either out of Netflix's Los Gatos or Hollywood offices and reports to the VP of Corporate Strategy, Planning & Analysis. In addition to supporting the business from a finance/ forecasting perspective, this role will be a critical business partner to the leaders of our business units as well as the Human Resources/ Talent function as we think through the appropriate strategies for how best to grow our employee base.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Owning the overall processes and tools to help stakeholders across the company forecast future headcount growth based on company and team priorities, supported by data driven analysis.
• Consolidating department & regional plans to develop short and long term forecasts for company-wide headcount growth and associated expenses in line with the company's financial goals.
• Developing insightful presentations and memos that summarize data and facilitate decision-making for executive management.
• Working with cross-functional and regional partners to develop plans for employee growth at the regional, country and office levels.
• Defining metrics & reporting tools to improve visibility into headcount, hiring plans and people costs enabling better business decisions.
• Working with systems teams to develop tools with easy to use interfaces to collect data from stakeholders and automate basic tasks.
• Being a strategic thought-partner with HR/ Talent leadership to help evolve and improve all aspects of our HR organization. This would involve partnering closely with our Chief Talent Officer and helping to evolve the HR function and company culture of Netflix, which has been a critical component of our success
• 10+ years of relevant experience -- ideally a combination in areas such as corporate HR strategy/ analytics, corporate finance and/ or management consulting; MBA or equivalent a plus.
• Strong track record of identifying key questions; defining, performing and coordinating analyses; communicating findings in a clear and concise way; and finding creative and innovative solutions.
• Extremely proficient with Excel & PowerPoint (or equivalent such as Google Sheets & Slides)
• The successful candidate must display initiative in anticipating and meeting or exceeding the business demands of senior-level executives. The candidate must thrive in a fast-paced environment and exhibit the highest personal and professional standards of integrity and ethics.
• Netflix is fast-growing with a flat organizational structure, which means that employees are often asked to perform tasks with a range of difficulties. Candidate must be willing to ''roll up their sleeves'' and be motivated, disciplined, flexible and able to work effectively autonomously.
• Experience leading and developing teams.
• Candidate must also have the ability to collaborate effectively and drive initiatives with cross functional partners.