Digital Publicity Specialist
Los Angeles, CA
We are seeking an individual to lead our Digital Publicity efforts at Netflix on our Series. The right candidate will have an expertise in online publicity, digital marketing, social media, and working closely with influencers. We need a team player who is eager to work across departments to establish workflows, best practices and comes with BIG ideas.
Our ideal candidate will be self-motivated, proactive, quick-thinking, flexible, able to pivot when necessary, and can juggle multiple and diverse responsibilities with a strong emphasis on organization. This is a demanding and fast moving position that requires someone who has a positive attitude and is able to exercise good judgment, takes initiative and demonstrates strong communication skills.
This job is based in Los Angeles and reports to the VP of Series Publicity
• Seek out innovative earned media opportunities with entertainment and social partners including but not limited to Instagram, Twitter, Tik Tok,Google and other app based platforms, including gaming platforms, with a special focus on Series titles.
• Work in tandem with publicity teams to establish specific goals related to talent and showrunner interests. Establish benchmarks for success that are applicable to each project.
• Provide consultation for digital agency press pitching and campaign strategies, including support for screening invites, press days and junkets, specialty events and more.
• Liaise with Netflix cross-functional teams including Creative Marketing, Strategy, Editorial & Publishing, Events and Research to create, communicate and implement best practices and workflow for Series campaigns.
• Curate, expand and develop relationships with entertainment partners and digital influencers for campaign activations and events.
• Contribute to campaign decks and present to senior level executives, showrunners and talent.
• Work closely with digital publicity cohorts on film.
Skills and Requirements:
• 12+ years experience at a network, agency or studio, preferably in digitally-oriented positions.
• Experience handling high volume of complex projects and tasks for multiple people or departments and simultaneously manage competing priorities
• Existing relationships with entertainment partners, social media platforms, and content creators.
• Ability to identify, develop and help refine compelling and creative ideas. Seek out opportunities that are unique and that serve the business and the brand
• Must possess solid organizational skills and be able to manage time effectively
• Excellent verbal and written skills. Ability to communicate effectively and succinctly with internal and external teams
• Proven track record in creating activations in line with current trends in entertainment, digital, marketing, social media and pop culture
• Be creative and have a point of view. Demonstrate the ability to think innovatively-connecting the dots when others cannot.