Next Games is a Netflix Game Studio, focusing on creating compelling fans-first interactive experiences by combining the stories of well-known movies and shows with engaging game mechanics. An unwavering focus on fans and fun gameplay is at the core of the studio's game development, free from the constraints of free-to-play.
The Senior DevOps Engineer will help us to create fun!
You will be responsible for improving and developing our CI/CD pipelines, identifying issues and performance improvements, and implementing integrations so that our game developers can focus on creating fabulous games. As the ideal candidate you will have a solid background in software engineering and be familiar with C# and Shell scripts. GitHub is our primary repository system, where GitHub workflows are a must for us. The DevOps team works with developers and engineers of the game teams to ensure that software development follows established processes and works as intended. The DevOps engineer will also help plan projects and be involved in project management decisions.
Objectives of this role
• Building and implementing new development tools and infrastructure
• Understanding the needs of stakeholders and conveying them to developers
• Working on ways to automate and improve development and release processes
• Testing and examining code written by others and analyzing results
• Ensuring that systems are safe and secure against cybersecurity threats
• Identifying technical problems and developing software updates and fixes
• Working with software developers and software engineers to ensure that development follows established processes and works as intended
• Deploy updates, fixes and provide technical support
• Build tools to reduce the occurrence of errors and improve customer experience
• Develop software to integrate with internal back-end systems
• Perform root cause analysis of production errors and resolve technical issues
• Develop scripts to automate our CI/CD
• Design procedures for system troubleshooting and maintenance
Required skills and qualifications
• Knowledge of Unity3D and its build processes
• Experience with Kubernetes, Docker containers, etc.
• Knowledge of building Android and iOS platforms
• Proficiency with Git and GitHub workflows
• Good knowledge of Shell scripting and C#.
• Knowledge of Azure Services is beneficial
• Problem-solving attitude
• English is our working language, so good written and spoken English is required
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gm2p2x-18-207-160-97-42 in your application.