Product Designer, Studio XD - Promotional Media
Los Gatos, CA
On the heels of Black Mirror: Bandersnatch, now is an especially exciting time to join the interactive team as we expand our slate and reimagine the future of entertainment yet again. We are looking for a Design Manager, Interactive Experiences to add to our leadership team. This person will not only lead, but help define how we design and create branching narrative content on the Netflix platform.
You're smart, confident, highly competent-and humble enough not to have an ego. You're a skilled communicator who welcomes and provides candid feedback, and your first instinct is to collaborate with others and help make their ideas even better. You enjoy unifying a design vision, mentoring and growing the team, creating clear department goals, and partnering with the leadership team to execute on initiatives, always putting business needs first. If you're ready to add your vision-to imagine an alternate future of TV-this is a rare opportunity. The things you and the team will discover and create will have a widespread impact.
Reporting to the Director of Design, you will lead a team of narrative, UI/UX, product designers responsible for enabling and facilitating content creators to realize their vision using our interactive video framework. You will provide context, capabilities and operational scale to tell some of the most amazing stories on the Netflix platform. You will also continue to grow and develop a team of designers to help bring these stories to life. If you have the right blend of interactive storytelling, operational excellence, as well as being an inspiring leader, this is custom made for you.
• Hire, mentor and develop the Interactive Design Content Experience team for maximum impact and org health.
• Work with the design team to create design strategy and implement priorities to attain cross-functional team's goals.
• Define and refine best practices for an evolving and boundary-pushing team.
• Enable smooth peer learning and infoshare across projects/titles/design roles.
• Understand the needs of the business and set expectations properly with cross-functional partners around design and creative resourcing and deadline-driven commitments.
• Partner with external content teams and internal teams to facilitate creative problem solving and deepening opportunities for innovation and scale.
• 8+ years of experience building and managing creative and/or design teams specializing in interactive media (games and narrative experiences).
• Proven track record leading of shipping high quality products and interactive experiences.
• Deep knowledge and experience in interactive content development and production.
• Experience developing and inspiring a team of interactive-focused creatives and designers.
• Experience building cross-functional partnerships and trust across a multidiscipline business.
• Expertise of interactive UX/UI design and methodologies.
• Knowledge and understanding of narrative design.
• Knowledge of physical production workflows and schedules.
• Entrepreneur or studio management experience is a plus.
• A willingness to fail and learn.