Director, Financial Analysis - Sales & Distribution
Los Angeles, CA
Netflix seeks an experienced film licensing/distribution attorney to help support our domestic and international film licensing efforts with major studios and independent film distributors. This includes acquisitions for first-run exhibition as Netflix Originals, early-window output deals and volume library packages.
The successful candidate will work as part of the company's Content Legal team to structure, negotiate and draft agreements with major studios and distributors to acquire content to distribute to Netflix subscribers throughout the world. The ideal candidate must be very comfortable counseling and collaborating with internal and external business partners, and making decisions that have both legal and business impact.
The legal team at Netflix is focused on collaborating with our business partners to find effective, efficient solutions and deliver great content to our subscribers. The ideal candidate will be intellectually curious and will welcome the opportunity to be part of a fast-paced, entrepreneurial organization. The successful candidate will also be excited and inspired by the Netflix culture.
The ideal candidate will have 4-8 years of broad-based content licensing/distribution experience, including direct experience structuring, negotiating and drafting SVOD and/or linear television acquisition and distribution agreements, deep knowledge of the film and TV distribution and production landscape, and practical knowledge of the industry (including content windowing strategies and the evolving theatrical, VOD, pay TV, syndication and home video landscapes). Experience providing in-house support for a major studio, streaming service, television network and/or entertainment company is preferred. Excellent drafting skills are a must.
The successful candidate will also possess the following:
• Clear, concise communication skills.
• Strong analytical capabilities and superior judgment.
• Ability to work proactively, independently and reliably under tight timeframes in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to work effectively and collaboratively cross-functionally, think practically and be solution-oriented.
• Ability to pivot quickly and fluidly, think practically and be solution-oriented.
• Curiosity and willingness to tackle matters outside area of expertise.
• J.D. and membership in good standing in at least one state bar is required.